Are Taxis Available at Horseshoe Bay Beach from cruise ship?

shorbr

I'm just not comfortable with taking buses. If so, do they leave directly from the cruise ship? Will taxi service be available at all times to take you back to the ship? Are you allowed to take a small cooler with your own beverages and snacks? Are the bathroom facilities clean?

Thank you so much :)

Yes. There are taxi cabs available right on the pier to take you to Horseshoe Bay, and cabs to take you back to the cruise ship. All taxi's are government fixed rates.

The bathroom facilities are very clean. They even have changing rooms and showers. Last summer, the umbrellas and beach chairs for rent were updated!

You would be comfortable with Bermuda buses. Their ferry/bus system is very efficient, clean, runs often and is inexpensive. I believe it is the #7 bus from the Dockyard that goes to Horseshoe beach and back. Taxi to and from would probably run about $40 each way. Go to the Ports of Call section of these boards and open the Bermuda file for tons of information about getting around in Bermuda.

As someone else noted, the busses are the way to go. They pick you up right at the pier and are VERY clean and nice. We just used public transportation last week to get to Horshoebay and had no troubles.

Can you tell me if you are dropped off at the beach or a few blocks from the beach.

This will be my first time to Bermuda .I will be doing this as a senior and solo .

You will be dropped off at the bus stop at the top of the hill and have to walk down to the beach. Down is not bad but up is tiring. There is a guy with his van at the bottom who will give you a ride up to the top for $2. It is well worth the price. I would say it is about a half mile walk from the road to the beach but it is all down hill on a nice even sidewalk. You won't be the only one getting off the bus at the beach stop. If you are lucky, the $2 guy will be at the top and give you the ride down too for $2.

You will be dropped off at the bus stop at the top of the hill and have to walk down to the beach. Down is not bad but up is tiring. There is a guy with his van at the bottom who will give you a ride up to the top for $2. It is well worth the price. I would say it is about a half mile walk from the road to the beach but it is all down hill on a nice even sidewalk. You won't be the only one getting off the bus at the beach stop. If you are lucky, the $2 guy will be at the top and give you the ride down too for $2.

Sounds great. I have lumbar stenosis and oftentimes my leg acts up and gets that numb feeling and I can hardly walk. Hopefully it won't happen, but I don't want to spoil my fun or husband with complaining about having leg pain. The pain is awful and my only relief is sitting down and waiting for it to go away. Hopefully, the guy will be waiting at the top and we can pay to ride down.

I just hate being a party-pooper :D

As someone else noted, the busses are the way to go. They pick you up right at the pier and are VERY clean and nice. We just used public transportation last week to get to Horshoebay and had no troubles.

Thanks so much. I thought we would have to wait somewhere else. So I guess the bus we will use!

Archived