First time river cruiser

irishmom7n30

My husband and I are first time river cruisers. We are celebrating our 25th wedding anniv. with a trip on Uniworld's River Beatrice. The Enchanting Danube from Budapest to Passau, departing on the 15th of July. It appears that many of you are very experienced river cruisers and I would love for you to share that "one piece of advice" that you think might be most important for us our trip nears.

Be sure to check the times & if the ship moves while you are ashore if doing your own thing

Some ships drop off passengers then move to another town

Also be sure to have 50cent coin for the toilets ashore there is no free access in a lot of places ;)

Understand that river cruise boats sometimes are stacked up, one next to the other, such that you have to go through the lobby of one (or more) to get to yours. This happens more in the height of the season, which is when you are going.

We were not aware of this on our first cruise and walked up and down the very long dock for almost an hour as we were told was docked in a specific location but we could not see it at all. It was snowing and icey and freezing and dark and eventually we ran into a taxi driver that showed us our boat, which was completely hidden behind another, larger boat. Had he not helped us. we might well still be there!:D

Archived