hotels in Rome

newlu

Is Hotel Napoleon in the Termini area? Thanks.

Also' date=' Caviargal, when you stay at the Capo d"Africa, what nearby restaurants do you like? Thanks![/quote']

There was a nearby small restaurant where we had lunch a few times over the course of three stays there but we have a lot of favorites in Rome that are scattered about the city. Sorry, no specific recommendations for the area.

The Napoleon is in an interesting section of Rome - it's where many (perhaps most, but I can't prove that) of the immigrants live. I'd be willing to bet that there are more Chinese restaurants in that area than Italian ones.

Thanks for the info. My DH would love the Chinese food!

Increased immigration is bringing interesting new foods to Italy. There are a lot of Indian immigrants in Naples and some good non-Italian ethnic restaurants. Why not good Chinese food in Rome? There's sushi to be found as well.

For me, when spending just a few days in Rome I would not be looking for Chinese cuisine. Nor did I/would I seek out Roman cuisine if I had only a few days in China.

If I lived in Rome, or spent months there, that is entirely different.

Personally, I want to experience the food and wine of the country I am visiting when I am there for a limited amount of time, not the cuisine of another altogether.

But then I see that McDonalds is always crowded in Rome, so obviously others feel differently,

Honestly? In Rome?

Why not? If it is good! It may be different from the Chinese food at home!

One year, we spent a couple of weeks in Paris. We ate French food, Chinese food, Scandinavian food, Lebanese food, Moroccan food. It was fun!

I just remembered. The last time we were in Rome, it was pouring and we sought refuge (at lunchtime) in a Brazilian restaurant. It really was delicious, but we had rather Italian food there. Only locals, for sure!

For me, when spending just a few days in Rome I would not be looking for Chinese cuisine. Nor did I/would I seek out Roman cuisine if I had only a few days in China.

If I lived in Rome, or spent months there, that is entirely different.

Personally, I want to experience the food and wine of the country I am visiting when I am there for a limited amount of time, not the cuisine of another altogether.

But then I see that McDonalds is always crowded in Rome, so obviously others feel differently,

I agree, I want Italian food when I'm there but, as you point out, after a few weeks some variety is nice.

Why not? If it is good! It may be different from the Chinese food at home!

One year' date=' we spent a couple of weeks in Paris. We ate French food, Chinese food, Scandinavian food, Lebanese food, Moroccan food. It was fun!

I just remembered. The last time we were in Rome, it was pouring and we sought refuge (at lunchtime) in a Brazilian restaurant. It really was delicious, but we had rather Italian food there. Only locals, for sure![/quote']

When in Paris, I eat anything but French food, as I do not care for it.

And I would understand locals enjoying a change of pace.

For us, we have zero interest in Chinese cuisine when in Rome on holiday. We love Roman cuisine and that is a big reason we travel to Italy, to experience the diversity of regional Italian cruise.

When in Paris, I eat anything but French food, as I do not care for it.

And I would understand locals enjoying a change of pace.

For us, we have zero interest in Chinese cuisine when in Rome on holiday. We love Roman cuisine and that is a big reason we travel to Italy, to experience the diversity of regional Italian cruise.

You are an Italian girl (at least at heart!). We have some excellent Italian restaurants here and I usually order vitello griglia with steamed veggies. If the vitello is very tender, it is delicious. AND I don't gain weight!!

In Italy, I feel challenged because I don't understand the different (exotic?) items on the menu. When I hear "tripe", well I am not that adventurous!

The last time we were in Rome, we stayed at the Lancelot. That is why I asked for recommendations in that area. After running around all day, we wanted to eat locally. We didn't find the restaurants in the area to be that great. Our best meal, actually, was in the hotel. If you stay at the Capo again, you can pop in any morning, see what the daily dinner will be, and sign up if it sounds good to you. They place people at round tables like on a ship. It is lots of fun!

You are an Italian girl (at least at heart!).

In Italy' date=' I feel challenged because I don't understand the different (exotic?) items on the menu. When I hear "tripe", well I am not that adventurous!

The last time we were in Rome, we stayed at the Lancelot. That is why I asked for recommendations in that area. After running around all day, we wanted to eat locally. We didn't find the restaurants in the area to be that great. Our best meal, actually, was in the hotel. If you stay at the Capo again, you can pop in any morning, see what the daily dinner will be, and sign up if it sounds good to you. They place people at round tables like on a ship. It is lots of fun![/quote']

Second generation actually and grew up in the restaurant biz. I have been cooking since I was a child and make my own pasta, sauce from fresh tomatoes every Sunday, sausage and more. Cooking is a passion, which is why I enjoy food and wine so much.

I love tripe, octopus, eel, seppie and most everything that is Italian, with very few exceptions.:)

Thanks for the recommendation of the Lancelot for dining. We have so many places we enjoy dining in Rome that it is more a matter of which can we make it to in a short stay. I agree that the area is not the best for restaurants but the tram makes it easy to get to Trastevere and we love to walk as well. Burns off all that fabulous food.:D

Second generation actually and grew up in the restaurant biz. I have been cooking since I was a child and make my own pasta, sauce from fresh tomatoes every Sunday, sausage and more. Cooking is a passion, which is why I enjoy food and wine so much.

I love tripe, octopus, eel, seppie and most everything that is Italian, with very few exceptions.:)

Thanks for the recommendation of the Lancelot for dining. We have so many places we enjoy dining in Rome that it is more a matter of which can we make it to in a short stay. I agree that the area is not the best for restaurants but the tram makes it easy to get to Trastevere and we love to walk as well. Burns off all that fabulous food.:D

I can pass on the tripe, eel (and what is seppie?), but tomato sauce made from fresh tomatoes, too good to pass up!

I was in Rome for my cruise to the Med in May:). I was only there

for 1 night and stayed at a B&B near the Vatican called "A View Of Rome"

and it was wonderful.

I see many of the postings say this area would be the last choice to

pick but I got a great price and friends were staying near me so we

had nice group from our roll call to share transportation to the ship

the next morning.

The B&B itself? Very warm and welcoming with terrific hosts.:)

I always sail solo and felt very comfortable staying here. This trip

was absolutely the best I have ever done.....blew all my other cruises

out of the water;)

Hi Kim, hope you are doing well.:)

For the past two years, we have stayed at Hotel Paba when in Rome. This small hotel has (I think) only 7 rooms, but they are spotless and a nice continental b-fast is served. Also, the place is air-conditioned. It is a 15 min. walk from the Termini, a 5 minute walk to the collosseum and very close to metro stops. Plus, Alberta, the manager (owner?) is a fountain of information. Our last overnight visit this past May was approx. 175 USD. Check her reviews on trip advisor.

Archived