Malpensa, Milan?

jarand

We're flying into Malpensa in Milan this August. From there we'll go to Lake Como for a few days before the cruise.

Does anyone have any experience with this airport? We're looking to set up a short Milan tour 2 1/2 hours after our plane lands, and I'm trying to figure out if it's doable. We'll have only carry on luggage, so baggage claim isn't an issue.

Will we have to go through any sort of customs?

Is the Malpensa Express train to Milano Centrale quicker, or the shuttle bus?

Thanks!

We're flying into Malpensa in Milan this August. From there we'll go to Lake Como for a few days before the cruise.

Does anyone have any experience with this airport? We're looking to set up a short Milan tour 2 1/2 hours after our plane lands, and I'm trying to figure out if it's doable. We'll have only carry on luggage, so baggage claim isn't an issue.

Will we have to go through any sort of customs?

Is the Malpensa Express train to Milano Centrale quicker, or the shuttle bus?

Thanks!

In regards to customs - you leave out a very important piece of information...is Milan your first port of entry in to Italy? I will assume so, so yes, you will have to walk through customs. That is very easy. If Milan is also your first port of entry in to the Schengen zone, you will also have the (longer) immigration checks to deal with. That can take 5 minutes, or it can take 45 minutes depending on how many planes come in at the same time, or how many people show up for work that morning.

Malpensa Express is certainly the quickest way in to the city. It's more expensive than the bus, but quicker and (I think) more comfortable.

Archived