Checking on PASSPORT refund!

mabones

This may seem like a strange question, but in May I sent in my & DH Renewal $ for Passports which were going to expire this year. A week later my DH's came back with a letter saying no Check was enclosed. Well, my Bank clarified with proof that the Checks I sent had been cashed by the Dept of State using the Electronic check system. I sent them all my Proof with their specified information for a Refund Also in May and I haven't heard from them. After issuing another $110 check & another application, my DH has received his new Passport.

Does anyone know who or how to contact a real person to see where my $110 is?

I would gather all the paper work proof and take it in to your local passport office so you can talk to a real person face to face. There are usually passport offices at the Post Office.

When I mailed the required information for the Refund, I sent it "return/receipt requested" and according to the PO near me they received everything on May 21st. 2 weeks ago, I finally received the Receipt back.

I still have all my information together. I wish I had a Telephone # to call. I went on the Passport website and used the E-mail address to send an E-mail but never received a reply.

Maybe I should tack on some penalties & fines!??

When I mailed the required information for the Refund, I sent it "return/receipt requested" and according to the PO near me they received everything on May 21st. 2 weeks ago, I finally received the Receipt back.

I still have all my information together. I wish I had a Telephone # to call. I went on the Passport website and used the E-mail address to send an E-mail but never received a reply.

Maybe I should tack on some penalties & fines!??

I can't say enough about calling your local Congressman's Office. They are actually very helpful when it comes to these types of issues and they have been when trying to help facilitate getting a new passport for someone.

Keith

This may seem like a strange question, but in May I sent in my & DH Renewal $ for Passports which were going to expire this year. A week later my DH's came back with a letter saying no Check was enclosed. Well, my Bank clarified with proof that the Checks I sent had been cashed by the Dept of State using the Electronic check system. I sent them all my Proof with their specified information for a Refund Also in May and I haven't heard from them. After issuing another $110 check & another application, my DH has received his new Passport.

Does anyone know who or how to contact a real person to see where my $110 is?

I found this info on an insert sent with our passports: questions or more info call the National Passport Information Center toll free at 1 877 487-2778

Personally I would try calling the number first and not go to my local post office/passport processing - they are convenient for applying, but I can't imagine they would be able to help with a problem like needing a refund. Good Luck.

I can't say enough about calling your local Congressman's Office. They are actually very helpful when it comes to these types of issues and they have been when trying to help facilitate getting a new passport for someone.

Keith

I second the suggestion of contacting your congressman's office. They have a more direction line of communication to the State Dept. I recommended to a friend to do this to expidite getting his wife a renewed passport to travel to the Phillipines for a family emergency. He had the passport in 24 hours.

Keith

We used to refer all of our clients with these types of problems to our local Congressperson and miracles routinely happened.

Archived