MDR attire for Boys?

braz88

Our cruise is only 6 weeks away and I am starting to get my packing list together.

This will be the 1st cruise where we are taking our boys (ages 9 and 4).. what have you seen as the appropriate attire in the MDR for young boys?

I am trying to not overpack and still want to have some nicer outfits for the boys to wear to the MDR.

For the formal nights I was thinking of dress shirts and Khahi pants with a tie ?

For the other nights would khaki shorts and polo shirts be appropriate for the boys?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

That sounds fine, with or without the tie. The tie would be a nice touch.

attire for boys is the same as for men, they dont have two separate lists.

Other nights, people can wear dress shorts (longer) or jeans, or pretty much anything.

That should be fine :) I'm bringing black pants, white dress shirts and two ties each for my boys. They never wear dress shoes at home, and since their feet are growing so quickly I go get black dress shoes at the good will or consignment shop and throw them away after the formal nights since they're heavy ;)

Fine. My boy is older, 15, and is 6'4"! He's grown since Easter so even dress clothes from then don't fit. I just bought dress pants, shirt and tie for formal night. Long shorts and polos for other nights.

No need to ask the question. What are you wearing (or husband) and the expectation is that they wear the same clothes. Kids are just little people who need to follow all the rules. (but Carnival has no rules that are enforced, so you will be fine)

This is from the Carnival website. What you are suggesting is acceptable on Carnival ships.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats

The dress code for the Steakhouse is Cruise Elegant (Jeans permitted on Cruise Casual evenings)

That should be fine :) I'm bringing black pants, white dress shirts and two ties each for my boys. They never wear dress shoes at home, and since their feet are growing so quickly I go get black dress shoes at the good will or consignment shop and throw them away after the formal nights since they're heavy ;)

That is great idea! My boys never wear dress shoes at home either.. and yes.. they are heavy.:o

No need to ask the question. What are you wearing (or husband) and the expectation is that they wear the same clothes. Kids are just little people who need to follow all the rules. (but Carnival has no rules that are enforced, so you will be fine)

My husband will be weariing a dark suit and I will be packing some black cocktail dresses for the formal nights. I just didn't want to have to dress the boys in suits (and pack them ;)) if we didn't have to for the boys.

That is why I was thinking ties w/ dress shirts and pants would be a bit more formal to match us rather than just a dress shirt and pants.

I feel boys are much harder to dress "formal" than girls. :)

My husband will be weariing a dark suit and I will be packing some black cocktail dresses for the formal nights. I just didn't want to have to dress the boys in suits (and pack them ;)) if we didn't have to for the boys.

That is why I was thinking ties w/ dress shirts and pants would be a bit more formal to match us rather than just a dress shirt and pants.

I feel boys are much harder to dress "formal" than girls. :)

The dress shirts and slacks would be adequate, but the ties will add a little more.

Archived