Gym on the Prinsendam

TeamBozo

My wife and I are booked on the Grand Mediterranean cruise on the Prinsendam next Spring and we are wondering about the gym. We try to use the gym nearly every day while cruising and the gym on the Prinsendam looks very small. Does it tend to get more crowded than the gyms on other HAL ships? We've been on most of the HAL fleet and crowding is usually not a big problem other than the very prime times in the gym. Is this also true for the Prinsendam or is it too small to acommodate the crowds? Thank you for your input.

The Prinsendam tends to do longer itineraries and attract an older very experienced type of cruiser. On our most recent Prinsendam cruise (62 days) we never saw more then 5 or 6 (and this was the crowded times) in the gym at any one time. A friend of ours who worked-out several times a day and did a lot of lifting in the gym said it was the quietest place on the ship. That was until I pointed out to him that all you had to do was stay awake past 10:30pm and then the entire ship was like a morgue :)

Hank

I was only on a 20 day and while the gym was well used - it didn't seem that all of the equipment was being used at once - so there was always room. Like everything on the ship, the gym is smaller - but there are fewer passengers. I would hazard it was less busy than when we were on the Maasdam for example.:) btw - there were a lot of people running and walking in the early mornings - and also exercises at 7 am for those who wanted to partake:)

I agree with everybody else, it's smallish but not crowded. I am not a gym person, preferring to get my exercise on the promenade deck. I was in there several times for the scales and once on the stationary bike when storms closed the outer decks and never noticed crowding.

Roy

Archived