Got my rate lowered - without ES!

naagnel55

Just saw that for my cruise on the Splendor they have a West Coast sale right now for CA residents along with UT, NV and AZ. We booked a couple months ago with the Fun Select, not the Early Saver. The price for our exact room/floor/room type was $70 less with this sale.

All I did was call the 800 number and ask if there was any sort of price matching they did or an on board credit. They brought up my reservation, I had to wait about 5 minutes while they got a supervisor to approve (they could see the rate I was referring to but it was blocked for them to do on their own). They got their supervisor to approve the rate and took $70 off my balance! Not an on-board credit but just the money off so our balance is $70 less now.

Our balance is due in just a week so as long as you call before you pay your final balance they will take care of it for you! No forms to fill out, websites to copy, etc.

Once again .. since so many dont seem to get it... ALL RATES get price drops up until final payment. ALL RATES.

well, if it was a pack n go .. and the exceedingly few before final payment, that one rate would be a exception I can think of, but 99% of pack n goes, the date is after final payment.

All other rates besides ES are eligible for price drops before final payment. We were quite excited about that since we have booked ES for our other two cruises and this cruise have gotten $60 in price drops with a little over a month until final payment.

Question is did your west coast sale rate let you pick your rooms?

We saw a cruise we were considering switching two for a VA Resident rate. They wouldnt let you choose your room which I do not like. If you book that cruise at the higher PG rate and choose your room and then call for the price drop do you lose your room or do they just price match it?

How long before your cruise is final payment due? I think i made a horrible mistake by paying for mine on my CC when I booked. Now the price has gone down? :(

It would not matter if you paid in full, what matters is if you are before Carnival's final payment date.

Final payment date varys by what length cruise you booked. I seem to remember shorter cruises are 60 days before and 7 days 75 days before, but I could be off ... I would look at my booking where the date should be listed.

How long before your cruise is final payment due? I think i made a horrible mistake by paying for mine on my CC when I booked. Now the price has gone down? :(

My final payment for our 6 day cruise is 75 days out. I believe 5 days and less are 60 days.

All other rates besides ES are eligible for price drops before final payment. We were quite excited about that since we have booked ES for our other two cruises and this cruise have gotten $60 in price drops with a little over a month until final payment.

Question is did your west coast sale rate let you pick your rooms?

We saw a cruise we were considering switching two for a VA Resident rate. They wouldnt let you choose your room which I do not like. If you book that cruise at the higher PG rate and choose your room and then call for the price drop do you lose your room or do they just price match it?

Yes the $70 we saved also included picking our room which we had done before. They lowered the price and everything stayed the same. Our cruise is Sept 23 and out final payment is due July 10

Once again .. since so many dont seem to get it... ALL RATES get price drops up until final payment. ALL RATES.

well, if it was a pack n go .. and the exceedingly few before final payment, that one rate would be a exception I can think of, but 99% of pack n goes, the date is after final payment.

Sorry, I don't cruise often and this is only the 2nd out of 4 cruises I've been on in 15 years that I've planned myself. I was under the impression, as many other people seem to be, that you can only get a price drop if you booked the early saver. I called to try to get it lowered not thinking I could do I was very excited to find out I could and that it was so easy.

Firefly

"Once again .. since so many dont seem to get it... ALL RATES get price drops up until final payment. ALL RATES."

Hey there .. can you be anymore of a... DBAG

Naangel

Thank you, I just booked a month ago for my family and called after reading the boards. Saved $150.

Signed up just to say thanks

Just saw that for my cruise on the Splendor they have a West Coast sale right now for CA residents along with UT, NV and AZ. We booked a couple months ago with the Fun Select, not the Early Saver. The price for our exact room/floor/room type was $70 less with this sale.

All I did was call the 800 number and ask if there was any sort of price matching they did or an on board credit. They brought up my reservation, I had to wait about 5 minutes while they got a supervisor to approve (they could see the rate I was referring to but it was blocked for them to do on their own). They got their supervisor to approve the rate and took $70 off my balance! Not an on-board credit but just the money off so our balance is $70 less now.

Our balance is due in just a week so as long as you call before you pay your final balance they will take care of it for you! No forms to fill out, websites to copy, etc.

Great news!!!! Congratulations!!! Your going to LOVE the Splendor!!! I am in NV- I will have to check out those West Coast fares- I want to hop on the Splendor one last time before she leaves the West Coast. Have a great cruise!!!

Firefly

"Once again .. since so many dont seem to get it... ALL RATES get price drops up until final payment. ALL RATES."

Hey there .. can you be anymore of a... DBAG

Naangel

Thank you, I just booked a month ago for my family and called after reading the boards. Saved $150.

Signed up just to say thanks

I know I feel I post this 10 times a day, the same thing, that all rates get price drops up until final payment... people will post .. I LOVE ES, and say its because they had ES they got the price drop, .. way before final payment .. not true.. any rate would have gotten it.

I dont understand why people book not knowing the rules. I dont spend that much money blindly, so I am surprised so many here do. I would have asked about price drops BEFORE I booked. such a drag.

I know I feel I post this 10 times a day, the same thing, that all rates get price drops up until final payment... people will post .. I LOVE ES, and say its because they had ES they got the price drop, .. way before final payment .. not true.. any rate would have gotten it.

I dont understand why people book not knowing the rules. I dont spend that much money blindly, so I am surprised so many here do. I would have asked about price drops BEFORE I booked. such a drag.

On my first cruise, and a few after, I spent money blindly, as you put it. I didnt know the rules... hell, would not have even thought about rules... it was my first real vacation. After i got my little blue book in the mail, I spent hours looking at it and learned some things.. but not about price drops... You find those things out when you go to web sites such as this. I didnt find cruise critic until several years after I began cruising. My first cruise was in 1993. I found cruise critic in 2001. I didnt know about price drops, or many other things those that had cruised many times did. I didnt even think about price drops... hey... I was going on cruise... and was wrapped up in the excitement of it all. Now , after 23 cruises , with 24 and 25 , booked... I have learned many things about cruising, lots right here on these boards. Dont be surprised about people spending money blindly.. it is not exactly blindly... they spent what they were willing to pay for their cruise... just like me.... and found a nice surprise when they found the knowledge that there are such things as price drops :)

It seems like I post this pretty often myself:

Because some people just "book a vacation" and are happy with the price .....they don't make it "a major research project" and spend countless hours to make sure they get the rock bottom price. :)

Why the sarcasm? I don't believe anyone voted you as the person to post this so many times. If you want to be helpful then be helpful and post this, if not you should not have to trouble yourself. Geeesh! I for one am an informed cruiser (but know I can always learn from someone else as well) and book ES occasionally. It has turned out well for me each time. Everyone has their own comfort level so book at the rate you feel is good and if you get a price drop think of it as a blessing!

When did it become YOUR job to post anything 10 times a day so "people will get it"?

do you do anything else besides post on this board all day long?

Archived