4th of July at Sea?

DMH15

Does NCL do anything on board for 4th of July since I assume pax mistly Americans???

I was on a Med cruise on the Gem back in 2010 -- on the 4th of July, we were in Split, Croatia but left around 2 p.m. They had a nice cookout by the pool with BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, and some strange concoction with sweet potatoes and onions (but it was tasty).

• 6 months later...

If you're expecting a fireworks display launched from the ship, cruise Disney. Disney Corporation has a fireworks school for its parks, which also trains crews on its ships. No other cruise line has that capability in house, and I don't think they could afford the insurance to do so of they hired an independent fireworks company to put on a show from the ship.

If you're expecting a fireworks display launched from the ship, cruise Disney. Disney Corporation has a fireworks school for its parks, which also trains crews on its ships. No other cruise line has that capability in house, and I don't think they could afford the insurance to do so of they hired an independent fireworks company to put on a show from the ship.

There will be fireworks on the Breakaway (and probably the Getaway too):

http://breakaway.ncl.com/latest/press-releases/norwegian-breakaway-will-light-up-the-night-with-a-captivating-show-on-every-cruise/view/2013-01-08

Just to compare, we did a Fourth of July cruise on the Carnival Freedom to the Panama Canal a couple of years ago. Embarkation day was the 4th. They had presidential trivia and a special in the dining room with apple pie and American treats.

Archived