flying from Birmingham, England

dab1952

Hi,

We are flying from birmingham to Sydney, Australia to join "Millenium" in Nov. 2013.

...A couple of questions...

1. Is an overnight stay in a hotel in Sydney included in the

fly/cruise price?

2. Do Celebrity charter a flight or do they simply book you onto an "Emirates" flight

Never been on Celebrity before so we are likely to have lots of other questions!!!

Thanks everybody

Your booking agent should be able to tell you if there is a pre cruise night included or if they are flying you in on the day of the cruise. The website is not clear. As many of the international flights arrive very early in the morning, they may be risking an on the day arrival.

It is highly unlikely to be a charter, they are never going to get that number of guests from Birmingham even for a European cruise, charters for long haul of this scale are even less common.

Will it be Emirates, I would not bank on that, it could be that they will route you through Amsterdam, Paris or Frankfurt and then pick up a carrier there. All you can do is ask your agent to find out what routings they have used this year for Solstice cruises in Australia this year and see what is being used. The definitive answer will come early in 2013 when they release all their flight schedules

Hope you enjoy Celebrity, the itinerary for that cruise looks great. Do ask away with questions, you will get a lot of answers. A word of caution though as I see you are from the UK, when reviewing responses to questions, anything relating to onboard experience, do not worry about the country of origin of the poster, anything to do with flights, booking terms and conditions etc make sure you get responses from UK passengers as there is a significant difference in what applies here from the US and Canada

My daughter flew from Brisbane into Barcelona for a cruise last year--booked on her own. But every flight went into Heathrow mostly via Singapore or Hong Kong--so I would expect something along those lines. I am sure it will not be a charter, nor Emirates. Be prepared for LONG flights!

Archived