Ship's excursions ?

sewut

Could someone tell me when I can expect excursions to be available? There will be several ships in Belize when we are there, and I'd like to look into the ship's excursions to avoid having to wait for a tender.

Could someone tell me when I can expect excursions to be available? There will be several ships in Belize when we are there, and I'd like to look into the ship's excursions to avoid having to wait for a tender.

It's a crap shoot at best. Usually around the 120 day mark depending on the tour operator. With that said, our Hawaii cruise next April has had excursions available since May. Go figure!

Others have already posted the normal range of days before they're available. We had one cruise where they are available 11 months in advance but this definitely is not routine. I would recommend booking them early because I've seen some popular excursions increase online and onboard to double in price. Unlike some other cruise lines you can make reservations without paying in advance & can cancel up to about 36 hours before the tour with no penalty.

While it's never happened to me, I have read posts from others who had their excursion reservations disappear & had to be rebooked. For that reason I print a copy of our reservations with the price just in case this happened to me and the prices had increased.

:)

Happy Friday fellow shipmate. :)

I understand your concern re tender availability, but we're in port from 7AM to 5PM.

An independent may offer a tour to your liking for a later start time, maybe 9AM or there about.

I booked Coral Breeze for September. They get high praise on the Belize ports of call board, and offer a variety of tours. one of them might match your druther. Admittedly I will book my January snorkel thru Princess because the snorkel boat picks up at the tender doors. The boat will be crowded, but that will spread out when we arrive at the caye.

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/current_category.15/Product.2/tours_add.html?t_product=2

from their web site (emphasis mine):

Will I be able to board a tender boat in time if I don't buy a tour from my cruise ship?

The cruise ships generally allow passengers who bought the ship tours to tender first. (Considering the steep prices they charge, it's the least they can do.) We take the ship policies into account when scheduling the start times of our tours. As a result, you should not have a problem getting from ship to shore in time for our tours. When you board your cruise, please confirm the tendering instructions provided by your cruise ship. Follow the tendering guidelines, and we'll be at the Tourism Village waiting for your arrival.

Archived