tracking bracelets for toddlers on NCL ships?

Lau92080

When we were on NCL about 4 years ago, they gave us a disposable plastic bracelet with our son's lifeboat number on it. The idea being, if he was separated from us for some reason (i.e., if he was at the kids' club, except, he wasn't old enough for the kids' club), the crew would know where to take him in an emergency. I think most cruise lines do something similar for all kids under a certain age--he got a similar bracelet thingie on HAL in May.

When you say tracking, do you mean like with a homing beacon? If so, then no, we had nothing like that. :)

NCL does not - well they didn't on Gem. And the "tracking bracelet" you are referring to. On RCI - when my girls were on the Freedom class ships - they were given them when they went to the kids club. They were in addition to the traditional muster bracelet that every one else uses. The bracelets are beeped into the computer and it's like one used in the hospitals. If the bracelet go PAST the door of the kids club without being logged out of the computer or cut off of the child's wrist then all of the alarms sound and I think the outside doors go on lockdown.

It's a nice thought. I know where you are coming from as a parent. I can tell you that I TRUST the RCI, NCl and CCL security FAR MORE than the Disney chaotic "everyone come on in and take a look around" way of doing things.

On RCI, NCL and CCL - you can SEE into the kids camps but you can NOT walk past the front door. And I love this! Keep the other adults away from my children. On Disney, it is a free for all "open house" - you can walk on in. And I was able to go find my child in the bathrooms (shutter) because if I could - then so could someone else.

only bracelet my kids got was a muster bracelet. It had their muster station on it. When they checked in, all of the bracelets were on a big ring and they found theirs and put them on. Then when they left, the bracelet came off and went back on the ring.

But no "safety" bracelets that track their whereabouts.

Archived