Taxi cost???

Star1

i am looking at going to a beach for the day. We are in port 7-5. We like to snorkle. How far are each beach away from port??? We will be on Carnival Valor Oct.4th. I don't want to spend much money. We have 3 in our group so a taxi ride for $11 each both way adds up with a tip each way too. Any advice on prices and beaches. We are looking at Sapphire due to the snorkling but around $70 just to get a ride to the beach is costly. Any advice???

Thanks,

Unfortunately the prime snorkel beaches are all on the East End of the island (Coki & Sapphire and others). Have you considered renting a car and driving to Sapphire? The drive isn't bad and it may be a little more cost effective than a taxi.

http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/us_virgin_islands_maps/st_thomas_island_road_map.html

Other than that a tour would be less expensive than a taxi, perhaps others who have taken group tours can recommend someone. The cheaper option is Emerald Beach near town or Magens Bay but no snorkeling there as far as I know.

i am looking at going to a beach for the day. We are in port 7-5. We like to snorkle. How far are each beach away from port??? We will be on Carnival Valor Oct.4th. I don't want to spend much money. We have 3 in our group so a taxi ride for $11 each both way adds up with a tip each way too. Any advice on prices and beaches. We are looking at Sapphire due to the snorkling but around $70 just to get a ride to the beach is costly. Any advice???

Thanks,

They are not really taxis, they are more like shuttle buses and they will pack you in as tightly as possible. As they are charging per person I feel that you do not need to tip them. It's about a half hour ride from port to Sapphire so it's not too bad price wise.

Ok sounds great. We will shuttle taxi to Sapphire beach. I am confused is the price $8 or $11pp??? To return we just go back to the shuttle spot?

Thanks

Star1 I thought you weren't interested in the taxi option. But yes, the fares are set and depend on the number of people ($11 vs $9). These are safari-type taxis with regulated fares, not shuttle buses.

The ride to Sapphire via Coki and Lindquist will be more like 45 min, you may find a driver going directly to Red Hook and Sapphire for a 30 min ride but not likely at the dock.

You will take a taxi from Sapphire back to Havensight, give yourself at least an hour for the return.

Archived