If you had the choice.....

IAMCRZIN

We are booked on the Triumph in March. I enjoy the lower passanger decks as it is quiet. We don't spend much time in our cabins so when we are in there it is for an afternoon nap or to sleep for the night so we like little traffic and noise. I would rather spend my $ on the fun stuff like shopping and excursions in port. Just my preference! :D

Which deck would you choose for your cabin on the Carnival Triumph...the Verandah or the Lido deck??? Midship.. And why??

you really don't have a choice midship. i would go forward lido, as far back as possible.

I would go down to the empress deck. Then you only have cabins above you. I would be concerned that the verandah deck would have too much noise from the Lido deck above it.

I have heard that the crew moves the chaises around to clean the decks at times you would be trying to sleep.

If I did verandah I would only want to go forward where the Lido cabins are above you.

I have never been there but I have heard the Lido cabins are not noisy so i plan to give that a try one time.

I would definitely choose the lido deck. We were on the Triumph on deck 6 midship which was a big mistake on our part for not looking more closely at the deck map. It was above alot of action and very noisy. All of the lido cabins we've chosen since then have worked out great.

I'd try to avoid having the pool area above me no matter what. I've heard horror stories about lots of noise early morning and late night just with lounges being scooted around.

Looks like just a few of those Lido cabins would be under the pool desk, but you might wanna check that out.

Jim

Lido just forward of Midship - close to the action! Easy to get a deck chair early morning and terribly convenient for bathroom breaks in the privacy of your own cabin vs. the public bathrooms. Also convenient for refills (;)) from your cabin.

I always choose Lido!

Which deck would you choose for your cabin on the Carnival Triumph...the Verandah or the Lido deck??? Midship.. And why??

Here's another vote for Lido. There are fewer cabins so there is less foot traffic, you will be on the same deck as the pool and buffet so if you forget something, it's a quick trip back.

Imagine waking up in the morning, throwing on a swimsuit, walking out the cabin door, walking a short distance, and being outside in the sun and fun.

We've booked Lido cabins on all the ships that have them. (Not all classes of Carnival ships have cabins on the Lido.) We have never heard noise from the pool deck. Would never dream of being anywhere else on the ship.

What about the cabins across the hall from the elevators on the Lido deck?? Noisy??

It's funny you ask this. Many of our Lido cabins have been by the elevators. We've never had any issues. On Glory last week, we were also on the Lido by the elevators. For the first time in 11 cruises, the "ding" and "ding dong" of the elevators were so loud that we heard them any time we were in the cabin. We never heard people's voices, though, just the sounds.

Thanks everybody for your responses!!

Thanks Stargate!! You have been very helpful!!

I guess i have to decide whether i want to hear ding and the ding dong or the lounge chairs being scooted...LOL!! DH and i are both pretty heavy sleepers so i doubt any noise is gonna bother us and i really like the idea of being so close to my cabin for bathroom breaks and refills :D

I guess i have to decide whether i want to hear ding and the ding dong or the lounge chairs being scooted...LOL!! DH and i are both pretty heavy sleepers so i doubt any noise is gonna bother us and i really like the idea of being so close to my cabin for bathroom breaks and refills :D

Just FYI about the "ding and dong" for us - we have been near elevators on many different floors on many different ships and the only time we ever heard the elevator was on the Liberty. Maybe that class of ship has less insulation or something (wierd).

I would not choose Lido because that is the deck where the pool and outside is and that door is constantly being opened people going in and out and always found the hallway to be warm. Also make sure cabins are above you and nothing else.

We have stayed in a balcony cabin on the Lido deck the last two cruises and absolutely love it! So close to everything and we did not have a noise problem at all. We also didn't notice it being that warm in the hallway. After you go through the glass doors, there is another doorway to the hallway leading to the cabins. We found it to be very private, not much traffic passing through. We are looking at another cruise on the Dream and will definitely book on the Lido again.

We have stayed in a balcony cabin on the Lido deck the last two cruises and absolutely love it! So close to everything and we did not have a noise problem at all. We also didn't notice it being that warm in the hallway. After you go through the glass doors, there is another doorway to the hallway leading to the cabins. We found it to be very private, not much traffic passing through. We are looking at another cruise on the Dream and will definitely book on the Lido again.

Awesome!!! Thanks so much!! Just what i needed to hear!! DH and I both have walking issues so i think the Lido deck will work great for us!!

Ooh, ooh, we sailed Dream at the end of April. We were in 10274 and 10276. (Our sons sailed with us.) We were only five cabins from the swooshing doors. That was the most fantastic of all locations of any Lido cabins we have ever booked. There was a door at the end of our hallway, that looked like a service door, that no one ever used to get to the pool deck. Whenever we opened it to get into our hallway, people milling around looked at us like we were special because we went in that door. It was hysterical. And even with being so close to the pool, we never hear any noise from outside.

I would not choose Lido because that is the deck where the pool and outside is and that door is constantly being opened people going in and out and always found the hallway to be warm. Also make sure cabins are above you and nothing else.

We have never encountered those issues. The doors are silent "swooshing" doors. The cabin hallways are not in direct contact with warm outside air.

The "ding" and "ding dong" never affected our sleep. It was just so weird to hear it a lot.

Now lounge chairs being dragged above our heads would drive us absolutely up the wall!

The rooms are inset far enough that you don't hear the noise from the sliding door. On the Splendor we were behind the elevators and that worked out well. With a door at each end of the lobby people went one way or the other without passing directly by our door.

The only noise we had was the Salsa band that played in the Atrium every night but at 9:00pm the doors to the elevator lobby closed and then then the Atrium music was not an issue. Other ships with the piano bar or quartet in the Atrium is not an issue on the Lido deck.

For me 1st choice is the Empress deck with Lido being my second choice. I would only stay on the Verandah if I was far enough forward to be under the Lido cabins. Never again under the pool area.

We love lido balconies whenever possible. Last time we were late booking and had to go with a panorama deck but it still walks out onto the upper portion of the lido deck. So almost just as good.

We've never been bothered by noise either from people, elevators, or movies. Only one time did I hear the deck party while on was on my balcony but even then it wasn't intrusive - just kind of "what's that noise?" not "OMG WHAT'S THST NOISE? I'm about to go insane." :)

In fact on the Triumph we stayed in 9272 right behind the elevators and thought it was a great location. Booked the same cabin on the Valor the first time too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived