cc members on Elation

I wouldn't advertise being part of CC. I understand that the crew

members aren't too crazy about CC (bad reputation). Whether or not

its true, I don't know, but that's what I have read.

I had never heard of CC people having a bad reputation with cruise lines. Is this a Carnival thing? The other lines we sail have ship sponsored events for the Cruise Critic Meetings. They are often attended by senior officers and the cruise director.

Any first hand info out there or is this an urban legend? :)

We love the elation and have sailed her many times-will again in Jan. I agree with the other posters. I would not advertise being a member of this board. People have good and bad experiences in any travel and share them on this board. Large companies do not like being criticized and work to create a positive image so this board can be a bit of a pain in the neck for CCL. People have great experiences but then the ones who don't may affect other prospective customers through this forum. It is understandable from a business point of view.

We love the elation and have sailed her many times-will again in Jan. I agree with the other posters. I would not advertise being a member of this board. People have good and bad experiences in any travel and share them on this board. Large companies do not like being criticized and work to create a positive image so this board can be a bit of a pain in the neck for CCL. People have great experiences but then the ones who don't may affect other prospective customers through this forum. It is understandable from a business point of view.

It's funny that most of the other lines reach out and embrace the Cruise Critic groups. Maybe they don't want to, but they do. I just received the a bunch of pictures for our roll call meeting on the Zuiderdam. The hotel manage and the food and beverage manger looked like they were having a good time. :)

Cruise Critic members are excellent ambassadors for the cruise industry. There aren't many members that don't truly love to cruise. The more experienced the cruiser the less likely little things that go wrong aboard will bother them. We're not cheerleaders for any line -- we love them all ; )

When we have a good roll call bunch someone usually suggests a meeting place before sail away. Mardi Gras beads are often worn so we can recognize each other. We've had some great times at those get togethers.

I had never heard of CC people having a bad reputation with cruise lines. Is this a Carnival thing? The other lines we sail have ship sponsored events for the Cruise Critic Meetings. They are often attended by senior officers and the cruise director.

Any first hand info out there or is this an urban legend? :)

I read it somewhere, maybe on one of the threads here. I'm not sure.

It went on to say that the people would tell them they were CC and go to

complain to customer service, telling them this and that about posting the

bad service to the point the crew felt threatened by CC.

Like I said, I don't know if it is true or not.

So to me, door signs and t-shirts let them know and I wouldn't do it.

There are plenty of others on a well known blog that have nothing good to

say about CC members.

If I happen to find it again, I'll share the info.

dont tell any crew member you are a member here! ccl doesnt cater to cc or Like this site at all..

this is not true at all ...they love this site....they get more information here then a entire marketing team does...plus they get to find out how we cheat the system so they can tighten the belts......

Archived