Comparisons - Ecstasy and Triumph

gary2835

Hello people, we have sailed on the Ecstasy, and now have two set up for the Triumph. We liked the Ecstasy, but wanted to know how it compares with the Triumph in a few ways.

How are the lines in the buffet? We found no long ones on the Ecstasy.

We noticed the buffet has two levels. I have a bad knee and have a problem climbing stairs. Will seats on the lower level be hard to find?

The sun and I don't get along. Will it be hard to find a chair on the Lido deck in the shade? I really don't care if it is close to the pool.

And last, we chose anytime dinning. Which dinning room do you go to?

Thanks

Almost no one finds the upper level, the stairs are steep, and no one hardly ever eats up there, its wasted space. Its where Sur Mer is on Conquest.

The lines are going to be worse, because there is the same amount of buffet space on Triumph as Ecstasy, but its a bigger ship. They fixed this with Conquest and made two buffet areas... so to me yep, lines.

(of course we also had water pipes break over half the buffet one cruise on triumph, so only half was open).

Triumph is a predecessory to Conquest, so instead of one story dining rooms, it will have two stories like conquest.. so two decks, the two MDR levels that you cant walk thru, and have to take the elevators up and around (if you are like my sister with mobility issues.. we did a lot of elevators)

I have sailed both ships many times. I prefer the Ecstasy primarily because it has the new waterworks/Serenity areas. As far as lines, etc - every CCL ship has lines. I do not know (or remember) if there are two levels to the buffet. The Triumph has about the same "common areas" with more passenger cabins.

Both ships are super and both ships have AWESOME staff!

Triumph was one ship that DW absolutely hated, there was something there that just ticked her off. Ecstasy was our first cruise ship and I always liked her. I have never had a problem finding a chair in the shade on either ship, I don't go on cruises to get sunburnt, and both ships were fine in that respect.

I prefer the smaller ships, however, I have never been on a cruise I didn't enjoy. Others answered most of your questions so I am responding to only one.

If you want shade and you don't care if you are on the Lido deck, I love sitting on Deck 3. It is shaded and VERY quiet. There is a door close to the Excursion Desk. It is not very well marked and most people don't even realize it is there. By the last two days it is usually not so quiet anymore. This is my preferred reading/watching the water spot.

I prefer the smaller ships, however, I have never been on a cruise I didn't enjoy. Others answered most of your questions so I am responding to only one.

If you want shade and you don't care if you are on the Lido deck, I love sitting on Deck 3. It is shaded and VERY quiet. There is a door close to the Excursion Desk. It is not very well marked and most people don't even realize it is there. By the last two days it is usually not so quiet anymore. This is my preferred reading/watching the water spot.

Thanks, that sounds great, and thanks to everyone for the help.

Archived