The LEGEND....6/24-7/1

Solstice Class Celebrity ships are Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette and Reflection. The first three have the Corning Museum of Glass (hot glass blowing shows....absolutely amazing) on them; the latter two don't. Reflection hasn't yet been completed I think. The decor on the ships is beautiful...the layout such that at no time do you feel like you are surrounded by the other hordes of passengers. The buffet in particular is wonderful as there are different stand alone stations for various different options so you aren't standing in one long line for everything. Go to the Celebrity boards and look at some pictures!

On a different subject, what times did you go to the MDR? We have ATD coming up and I'd rather not stand in line for 30 minutes each night, yikes!

Helen,

Thanks for your information about Celebrity ships. We are looking at the Summit to Bermuda. Any opinions on that ship?

We always ate between 8 an 8:30. I did ask one night if it would be better if we arrived earlier, and the hostess told me the line begins about 5:30 and doesn't let up all night long!! We did get right in the last night of the cruise, but all other nights we waited 30+ minutes in a long line. The strange thing was there were always tons of empty tables in the dining room while all these people were waiting. Maybe because they were short staffed??

I haven't sailed the Summit, but I have sailed and been very happy with some non-Solstice Class ships of Celebrity: Infinity, Mercury, Century and Millennium. Loved them all. Its just that the Solstice Class ships are, IMHO, so very much nicer. I really think you would enjoy Celebrity.

Let me reiterate that I'm about to sail on Legend for the 4th time....which will be my 10th Carnival cruise....so I'm not putting Carnival down!

Archived