Ketchikan shopping

kayrob

I'll be on the NCL Pearl which docks in Ketchikan at 6:00 a.m. on a Friday. I'll be on an excursion from 10:00 a.m. til 12:00 noon. Any chance on doing a little shopping on Creek Street before my excursion? How early do the stores open and how far is Creek Street from the dock? Thanks so much.

I'll be on the NCL Pearl which docks in Ketchikan at 6:00 a.m. on a Friday. I'll be on an excursion from 10:00 a.m. til 12:00 noon. Any chance on doing a little shopping on Creek Street before my excursion? How early do the stores open and how far is Creek Street from the dock? Thanks so much.

very close (10 minutes maybe less) but you probably would have to do the shopping afterward.

The big Tongass store is literally right there at the dock - great for cheap fleece and jackets, fun souvenirs, t-shirts, ulus, etc. We got a coupon book that enabled us to get a really nice jacket for just $9.99 there!

• 1 month later...
The big Tongass store is literally right there at the dock - great for cheap fleece and jackets, fun souvenirs, t-shirts, ulus, etc. We got a coupon book that enabled us to get a really nice jacket for just $9.99 there!

where did you get a coupon book?

You should get a coupon book prior to boarding your ship. Tongass has three stores in Ketchikan. They all have great bargains and plenty of items. As you probably know, the jewelry stores that the ship recommends are run by employees of the ship company. At the end of the season these stores shut down and the merchandise and employees move to where the ships go next. None of the money stays in the local economy.

You don't want to be lugging all the stuff you bought . See if you can run back to ship and dropped your stuff in your cabin. You can also ship your stuff home even in you buy stuff in the 3 different stores, They are numbered 1 2 3 and you can get free stuff or cheaper stuff there.

Mary

Archived