Which would you choose between these 10 day cruises in Nov?

DeRon

Which would you choose comparing ships and ports?

NCL Sun (leaving Miami)

St Thomas

St Lucia

Dominica

Barbados

St Martin

Or....

Princess Emerald (leaving Fort Lauderdale)

Antigua

St. Lucia

Barbados

St. Kitts

St. Thomas

Princess Cay

Thanks!!

Since I have never sailed Princess and won't do my first NCL cruise for quite a while I'm basing this just on personal preference of itinerary and for me that would be the Emerald Princess simply because I love Antigua and St. Lucia and prefer sailing from Port Everglades rather than POM. Guess I'm not much help here, am I? :o

Which would you choose comparing ships and ports?

NCL Sun (leaving Miami)

St Thomas

St Lucia

Dominica

Barbados

St Martin

Or....

Princess Emerald (leaving Fort Lauderdale)

Antigua

St. Lucia

Barbados

St. Kitts

St. Thomas

Princess Cay

Thanks!!

To me either itinerary looks good.

However when my DW and I are looking at the different itiernaries we look at the number of Port's we'll be visiting. We look at it as getting a good bang for the buck.

Are the prices similar? Is NCL 10 days also? If so, I would choose it for Barbados & St. Martin. Those are two ports which I want to visit.

I have never cruised Princess. Are they still traditional? Do they still require a Formal Night?

I am a fan of both lines and find more similarities than differences unless you are sailing in a suite category on NCL which is an experience unto itself, so me being a minisuite cruiser choosing by line would not be a factor for me. I have been to all the islands listed except Dominica, and all are Caribbean beautiful. Been to Princess Cay a number of times which is a nice beach stop if the weather is good but would not choose an itinerary because it was on it. So for me to choose between these two cruises it would be all about price.

Tough choice both itineraries have islands on my bucket list ( st Maarten and Antigua ), but I would prefer the NCL cruise because it has less ports and sometimes all those ports leave you exhausted and ready for a rest by the time the cruise is over. Whichever you choose you'll have a great time

Tough choice both itineraries have islands on my bucket list ( st Maarten and Antigua ), but I would prefer the NCL cruise because it has less ports and sometimes all those ports leave you exhausted and ready for a rest by the time the cruise is over. Whichever you choose you'll have a great time

Tough call. I don't think you can go wrong with either!

The Princess Cay stop is a non-issue for me. I wouldn't let that play into my decision.

The Emerald Princess is a lot newer. The Sun is an older ship. This would play heavily into my decision. I believe Princess also has more pool options, but may be wrong.

Of the stops, the only one I haven't been to is Dominica, but I've heard good things. Otherwise, the ports are about a wash for me. They both include great stops.

on roll call & we will make up your mind for you....Call Johna (see below my signature) before the 21st for this "deal" & get in this cruise.... We have 3 tours booked, a meet n greet, a celebration luncheon, and a slot pull plus all the Great Islands & a Terrific Ship. Pick as much or as little to do as you wish....

Come on in & take a look at us.....

You might want to consider the size of the ships too.

The Emerald Princess is more than 100 feet longer and 15 feet wider than the Sun. The Emerald Princess also typically carries 3100 passengers. The Sun usually carries about a thousand LESS passengers.

I haven't been on either ship, but I was on the sister ship of the Emerald, the Crown Princess. I found it too big for my liking. I did an awful lot of walking on that ship.

So I'd be leaning towards the Sun if I was lucky enough to have to make this decision.

We have been looking at both cruises our selves. I am leaning toward the Sun for the following reasons.

Price

Ports we have not visited

More Sea Days!

Either way, I don't think you would go wrong. We love both Princess and NCL

Steve

Archived