Dress on Enchantment of the Seas

In looking at our cruise docs, I see there's a "Smart Casual" night, as well as Casual and Formal. I've read the official distinctions, but am wondering... If you have cruised Enchantment, recently, have you seen, in actual practice, a distinction between Casual and Smart Casual?

not really. on formal night people were on average, better dressed.. ( except for one or two hold outs.. cut off jean shorts in the CL next to guys in Tuxes and a Dinner mess Dress Uniform.... :rolleyes:) than usual.

the rest of the time, the MDR was full of more smart casual than casual.. collared shirts on the guys, sun dresses on the gals. our table mates wore a jacket every night. ties only on Formal.

7 nighters and under no longer have the "smart" casual thing. On longer cruises, the "smart casual" nights are a tad more dressy than casual....nicer shirt or slacks for men. I think you'll find the women dress pretty smart on every night...we girls like to be noticed!!!

I was on a 9 night Explorer cruise last month, and everyone dressed casually on all but the two formal nights. I would say that less than 5% of the people made a distinction between smart casual and just casual. However, most people dressed up for formal night.

In looking at our cruise docs, I see there's a "Smart Casual" night, as well as Casual and Formal. I've read the official distinctions, but am wondering... If you have cruised Enchantment, recently, have you seen, in actual practice, a distinction between Casual and Smart Casual?

Just disembarked Enchantment on Friday from an 8 day cruise to Bermuda, Boston and Newport RI. We had 2 formal nights and the rest casual. Well, 1 night was smart casual but nobody paid attention.:D

Describing casual in the MDR for dinner would be capri's/slacks for ladies with a casual top and slacks and polo/button down shirt for men.

Just disembarked Enchantment on Friday from an 8 day cruise to Bermuda, Boston and Newport RI. We had 2 formal nights and the rest casual. Describing casual in the MDR for dinner would be capri's/slacks for ladies with a casual top and slacks and polo/button down shirt for men.

It looks like in May on the 8 day Enchantment cruise, per the Compasses. There was one "smart casual" evening...two formal (first and second sea day), one smart casual (Boston port day), rest casual.

Just disembarked Enchantment on Friday from an 8 day cruise to Bermuda, Boston and Newport RI. We had 2 formal nights and the rest casual. Well, 1 night was smart casual but nobody paid attention.:D

Describing casual in the MDR for dinner would be capri's/slacks for ladies with a casual top and slacks and polo/button down shirt for men.

You missed me in my jacket! ;)

Since I got a Tux (for the first time) we decided to wear the jacket on smart night. no tie.

Originally, I had planned on wearing a guevara on SC night, since those are formal in Puerto Rico and Merida, Mexico. But I used that on a different night.

It looks like in May on the 8 day Enchantment cruise, per the Compasses. There was one "smart casual" evening...two formal (first and second sea day), one smart casual (Boston port day), rest casual.

You quoted my post before I went back and did an edit because I forgot about the 1 smart casual night we had after checking the Cruise Compasses that I brought home.

You quoted my post before I went back and did an edit because I forgot about the 1 smart casual night we had after checking the Cruise Compasses that I brought home.

The edit answers my question about whether or not anyone pays attention to the "smart" part.

Archived