Laundry on celebrity summit

chriswat

I gather from other threads that there is no laundry room on the Summit. We have booked a Sky Suite for the Fall cruise in September 2013, and whilst there are no laundry rooms there also does not appear to be free laundry for suite guests as on the HAL Eurodam.

In fact one contributor to Cruise Critic did say that the "perks" for suite guests on Celebrity do not match up to HAL.

Can anyone clarify this statement.?

Also what are the laundry charges on the Summit?

You are correct, Celebrity ships do not have self-servce Laundry services. And no, Suites do not get free laundry services.

Here are the laundry prices:

LAUNDRY SERVICES

Jacket $5.95

Pants $4.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $4.95

Short Sleeved Shirt $3.95

Sweater $4.95

Shorts $3.95

Dress $7.95

Skirt $4.95

Pajamas $3.95

Handkerchief $1.95

T-shirt $2.95

Undergarments $1.95

Swimsuit $2.95

Socks, pair $1.95

DRY CLEANING

Suit $12.95

Jacket $7.95

Pants $5.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $5.95

Short Sleeved Shirt $4.95

Sweater $6.95

Shorts $4.95

Dress $12.95

Skirt $5.95

Necktie/Tie $3.95

PRESSING ONLY

Suit $5.95

Jacket $4.95

Pants $3.95

Long Sleeved Shirt $3.95

Short Sleeved Shirt $2.95

Sweater $3.95

Shorts $2.95

Dress $5.95

Enjoy your cruise without doing laundry. We find the ship's laundry to do a fine job.

Den

Pack enough clothes that you only need to wash them once if at all on your cruise.:D

Unfortunately we are away too long.....we are adding on a 15 day land tour....know from Oz we can take 2 cases on Qantas, but we don't want to lug them around the U.S. So looks like it will be the laundry service.....many thanks.

It's quite an expensive laundry service so I always pack more clothes then I usually do just to get away from the laundry charges..

Prices are in line with laundry services in my area. In fact, they are less expensive for some articles of clothing. But compared to doing it yourself, it is even cheaper. A CruiseCritic member once factored in the hourly cost of a cruise, including travel and miscellaneous expenses incurred, and demonstrated that the cost of doing you own laundry, when the cost of the hours expended doing the laundry and thus lost doing "vacation" activities was considered, it was more than the cost of sending it out.

I wish I could find that analysis. It was quite interesting.

Prices are in line with laundry services in my area. In fact, they are less expensive for some articles of clothing. But compared to doing it yourself, it is even cheaper. A CruiseCritic member once factored in the hourly cost of a cruise, including travel and miscellaneous expenses incurred, and demonstrated that the cost of doing you own laundry, when the cost of the hours expended doing the laundry and thus lost doing "vacation" activities was considered, it was more than the cost of sending it out.

I wish I could find that analysis. It was quite interesting.

I thought I'd try this for my next cruise. My wife and I taking a 14 day Med cruise later this year. We typically bring just over a week's of clothes for a two week cruise, getting any soiled clothing laundered near the middle of the cruise so we can wear them again.

Including cruise booking price, airfare, insurance, fees and taxes, gratuities, specialty dining, excursions, drinks, etc., my estimated hourly cost is $14.37. If I take two hours of my vacation time to do laundry one week into the cruise, that is almost $30 worth of time dedicated to doing laundry. Even though my wife may not be helping me, her time could be impacted as well while waiting for me to do my "chores", so that could double to almost $60 to do my own laundry. And that is not even counting the cost of the soap and use of the machines if there is one.

I will certainly never worry about not being able to do it myself! ;)

Unfortunately we are away too long.....we are adding on a 15 day land tour....know from Oz we can take 2 cases on Qantas, but we don't want to lug them around the U.S. So looks like it will be the laundry service.....many thanks.

We regularly go on leave for around 6 weeks, combining tours and cruises. We generally take clothes for around 4-5 days and then some specialty items that may only be worn a couple times on the trip (swimmers, dress shirts, etc.). We do our smalls in the basin every evening and they dry over night. For the larger items we use the laundry service once a week. Obviously if there is a spill or something that item may need special care. cheers mic:D

Archived