Most embarassing cruise stories?

Blazerboy

O.K., let's dig out a little dirt here, and have some fun. (as long as you keep it G-rated-I know, I know, what fun is that?) icon_wink.gif

We were coming back from Mexico on a Princess ship with a large group - lots of friends from previous cruises, so we got a little wild. Night in question, we decided that we'd close down the disco, raid our mini-bars, and go up on deck for a hot tub. Mind you it was about 4:00 a.m., and I was "well-lit." We had about ten of us in the hot tub, water splashing out the sides, and going all over the decks. Afterwards, I stumbled down to my stateroom/broom closet and promtly fell asleep. When I woke up, I found my tuxedo in a crumpled pile on the floor. When I went to pick it up, it was soaking wet. Found out over Bloodies that morning, that I'd forgotten one key step in the hot-tub process, and went in, cumberbund, studs, and all. Got razzed about it all day , but the worst was when the room stewardess came to pick it up for cleaning, and said that she'd already heard the story! Moral: It's quite easy to develop a reputation even with thousands of other passengers. Of course, that was in my youth, and I'd NEVER do anything like that again...well, except for the next year on Crystal Harmony... but that's another story...

Who's next?

Blazer Boy

I have 2 short ones-1 very recently and 1 in 1967 (my first transatlantic cruise at age 12-1/2):

Recently (last month) on the Horizon we disembarked half way through the cruise in Aruba. However, a customs agent was not at the dock. The purser had to call him at home at 6:30 AM and get him down to the dock to clear us--he wasn't a happy camper and if looks could kill....

1967---as we were leaving New York harbor dad said "don't look down at the water"--so what did I do? You guessed it. I did not see what all the fuss was about until our first dinner that evening. Sure as heck I "hurled" all over the dinner table. The crew was very understanding, however, my parents were not. The good news (if any) was we were only a table of four-- icon_wink.gif

For our fifth anniversary, we took a Mexican cruise on the Star Princess and, with some friends we had met on board, went to 'Pub Night'. When they asked for volunteers, the other lady grabbed my arm and I ended up on stage with her (I was not drunk, but I had enough to drink that my inhibitions were pretty much non-existent). The skit involved trying to break a balloon that a crew member had on his lap, just by sitting down on the balloon and bouncing on it. Well, I got a little exuberant and me, the crew member, the balloon and the chair were shortly sprawled out all over the stage. Problem was, I was wearing a dress and gave the audience a very detailed look at most of my undergarments. The cruise staff handled it well (trying to stand between me and the audience to block the 'view'), even though they and everyone else (including me) were laughing hysterically.

There was also the time we participated in the Newlywed Not-so-Newlywed game, but that is another story...

Linda

Big backside, black undies and a blue balloon? Yup, that was probably me. Not sure the rest of the world is ready for that picture, though! icon_biggrin.gif

Linda

I gave my wife a candle, soap and lotion set and lit the candle while she was in the shower.

I miss no have got the match out before tossing it in the trash. I noticed flames leaping out of the trash can in the mirror.

In a second I grabed the can and carried to to the shower, pulled back the curtain, and showed the flaming trash can to my wife who simply took it and held it under the water.

The whole thing lasted only a few seconds and we laughed about how calm we both were.

they the phone rang, it was the bridge and they wanted to know if our cabin was on fire. It seems that alot of smoke came up when the fire went out.

My exact words were "Not at this moment." An instant later, the cabin steward knocked on the door. It wasn't until I opened the door that I noticed just how smokey our cabin was. He asked what was on fire and I showed him the trash can. He politely said, "Let me get you a new one."

Needless to say, we don't bring candles on cruise ships anymore.

Constellation-2/2004

Infinity-4/2001

Linda,

Checked our Hawaii Infinitinis/Infinatics table and re-read your Bio. I was so hoping to see a photo of you and Gerald.

Darn, how will I recognize you?

Oh yeah, black panties and a blue balloon!! LOL

Lois

Blazerboy...

That a good one. We are going to have to watch out for you.

Joe

Constellation Transatlantic 09-07-2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ffd700&cdt=2004;09;07;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

Linda, I bought the video, the wifester and I check it out before every cruise, it puts us in just the right mood!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

Not embarassing for me but I have my wife and MOTHER-IN-LAW on tape feeling real good after a shore excursion. Boy do I have blackmail material.

Don

Great Stories, and I, too, hope to have a few more from the 9-7 Trans. on the Constellation. But honestly, I do TRY to behave.

But for now, I'll just tell the story about the Harmony and the Hot tub the next year- Three of us without our other halves/parents ended up in the hot tub at about 5:30 a.m. The crew must have thought we were having too much fun, because they started washing the smokestack with a water hose at such an angle as to spray the hot tub with COLD water. I didn't mind that my cigarettes floated away, but it WATERED DOWN OUR COCKTAILS! icon_wink.gif So we then built a pillow fort with deck cushions (Youngest of us was in our thirties)to wait until the sun rose, so we could skulk back to my Suite (o.k., so I splurged a little), figuring my partner was the path of least resistance compared to a husband or 85y.o. mother. Forgot that we'd ordered an elaborate breakfast to be delivered to the stateroom that morning. Watching the butler's face as he served breakfast to the four of us, wrapped in blankets and bathrobes was worth every moment of embarrassment. (Sorry to tell the more prurient of you that nothing did happen, other than a lot of laughing, and the obviously deserved headaches)

Blazer Boy

Hi, most of you know my most embarrassing moment already, as I wrote about it in my recent Mercury Review.

Tried the martini tasting...then after that had a BIG SIZE chocolate one.

Then went to dinner and after drinking wine and had dinner...well, 2 bites into my creme brulee I had to excuse myself from the table.

Thankfully I didn't embarrass myself by getting sick in front of my tablemates...saved that for the privacy of my own cabin.

It was a bit embarrassing though, that whole thing took place on the first night icon_eek.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Oh wait.. I totally forgot...what WAS embarrassing...I was going to pay for the first bottle of wine...ordered it, and we drank it..well (they) and when the Wine Sommeiler came back...he handed me my card back..and said "Miss Lois, there is a problem with your card"...Talk about embarrassing....the card hadn't been activated icon_eek.gif....don't ask me how...I had ordered drinks that day...for Phil and Marti too! Everything was done manually...(up till that point).

Well, Ken paid for that bottle....I was very lucky for great tablemates.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Hey Lois,

Lois here...

I'm hanging out with you too!

Sorry I missed you last year...too much going on.

Hope to catch up with you in November (the Wilkin's tourney)...don't know the dates, but will get back to you...

Cruzzer, if we could just get Lois and Balzer Boy on our Infinity cruise...Woo-hoo! Think of the fun on all those sea days (I promise I will post a picture in the near future, as soon as I find on that shows our FACES).

Linda

Hey, Cruzzer,

To join me in the near future you have to be booked on a mini-cruise on Princess Sun a week from Friday, but I'm (with 160 of my newest friends from this board) on the aforementioned 9-7-04 Transatlantic on the Constellation. I should warn you all, in the interest of full disclosure, that those two stories are from ten plus years ago. I have mellowed some, but still like to have fun on the high seas. icon_wink.gif

Blazer Boy

Archived