Summit Aquaclass question?

Boo2

We are in the process of booking our first Aquaclass cabin and our travel agent tells us that we can not eat in the MDR without special permission from the maitre 'd. Is this accurate? Do they discourage Aqua Class passengers from eating in the MDR or is it just a formality?

We were hoping to be able to choose from the two depending on the menu.

Thanks!

Aqua Class guests are assigned to eat in Blu. It is one of the perks of Aqua Class and one of the reasons we always book AQ when we cruise. That being said, if you would rather eat in the MDR you can go there for anytime dining and check in withe the Matre'd. It is not a problem getting seated in the MDR

This past spring we spent thirty-one nights on the Infinity in an Aqua Class cabin. At least on that set of cruises passengers were having no problems ordering entrees from the MDR daily menu (not just the available every night or left side) and having the meals served in Blu.

We were in Aqua Class last week. We ate in Blu each night, it is smaller and quieter, but I ordered off the MDR menu almost every night. Sometimes it was just an appetizer, or just a salad, sometimes it was the whole meal. You can mix it up as you like. My daughter, who is a picky eater did the same thing. No problem at all. Just ask to see the MDR menu as well.

Certainly on Summit, as the galleys are adjacent, eating of the MDR for all or part of a meal in Blu was possible in June 2012. It is less easy and I have seen it be declined, on S class ships because the galley is so far apart. Therefore in these circumstances, guests are better to go to Select anytime Dining in the MDR the nights they prefer the menu there. But for Summit, enjoy the quieter surroundings of Blu and choose as you wish, its great you can have one course from one menu and another from the other

We were in Aqua Class last week. We ate in Blu each night, it is smaller and quieter, but I ordered off the MDR menu almost every night. Sometimes it was just an appetizer, or just a salad, sometimes it was the whole meal. You can mix it up as you like. My daughter, who is a picky eater did the same thing. No problem at all. Just ask to see the MDR menu as well.

That's really good to know! Another plus for Summit!

How was the wine service in Blu?

That's really good to know! Another plus for Summit!

How was the wine service in Blu?

I found the wine service( as well as cocktail service) to be very attentive..we had the premium alcohol pckg and I was concerned that they might not return to my table..but happily found otherwise..especially after I cash tipped:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the replies to my question. Since we're considering a B2B, we wanted to know if we would have the option of eating both at Blu and the MDR, just in case we wanted a change of menu and surroundings.

Last week in Blu, we had a wonderful waiter on the Infinity, but were told that they were only allowed to bring in Shrimp Cocktail, Caesar salad, Escargot, and one other thing (I forgot what it was) from the MDR. I had asked for an Oysters Rockefeller, and he said he would get in trouble if he brought it in, that it was very strict. Of course, I said it was no problem, because he was a great waiter for the entire journey. I was very surprised as many people on the boards said you could order anything.

Last week in Blu, we had a wonderful waiter on the Infinity, but were told that they were only allowed to bring in Shrimp Cocktail, Caesar salad, Escargot, and one other thing (I forgot what it was) from the MDR. I had asked for an Oysters Rockefeller, and he said he would get in trouble if he brought it in, that it was very strict. Of course, I said it was no problem, because he was a great waiter for the entire journey. I was very surprised as many people on the boards said you could order anything.

That must be something new. Never had that problem before. They always bent over backwards to make everyone in Blu happy.....

Thanks for all the replies to my question. Since we're considering a B2B, we wanted to know if we would have the option of eating both at Blu and the MDR, just in case we wanted a change of menu and surroundings.

I recently called Celebrity and was informed this was not a problem, and we could choose BLU or the MDR different nights. They did suggest speaking with the maitre'd and making a reservation because some select dining times are often overcrowded

• 4 weeks later...

This is a concern for us......I guess we'll have to check with Celebrity. We are booked Aqua Class, but my step-son is getting married on the cruise. There will be a lot of family on the ship, about 12 staterooms all total and we are the only ones in Aqua class. We would like to eat in the MDR with others at least 2 or 3 nights. :confused:

This is a concern for us......I guess we'll have to check with Celebrity. We are booked Aqua Class, but my step-son is getting married on the cruise. There will be a lot of family on the ship, about 12 staterooms all total and we are the only ones in Aqua class. We would like to eat in the MDR with others at least 2 or 3 nights. :confused:

This really shouldn't be a problem...we recently cruised the Summit in Aqua class and were able to dine in MDR with other non Aqua in our party ( other than the horrific service in Select Dining section of MDR :eek: )... suggest you coordinate your planned MDR visits with others in your party who may be sharing a large MDR table..perhaps one of the couples at that table might opt for specialty dining one nite..so yo can join your party's table...consulting with the Maitre D with a ten spot..shouldn't hurt :rolleyes:

Archived