Prep for cruise with Polynesian radio stations

markser

At tunein.com, you can listen to a few Polynesian radio stations on your computer. It lists even more but for several of them I got a message that the streams were unavailable.

There are free apps for tunein for listening on iPad or Android tablets as well.

I have used tunein to listen to radio stations on my tablet in several cities.

Here is the link --

http://tunein.com/radio/French-Polynesia-r100344/

I also found a different Tahitian radio station at http://www.shoutcast.com/radio/tahitian.

Markser, I had both Polynesian and Les Gauginnes music in a zip file sent to psyfi. Unfortunately DH has deleted the Zip File. Maybe Psyfi still has it and can send it to you.

I love the Gauguinnes music as sometimes I can isolate some of the voices and say .. Oh that is Hina singing or dont you remember them singing this song at Motu Mahana or whatever. It brings it all back and gives me my PG fix until my next trip.

Also have a CD of Siglo songs - original group version and not current members.

When we go next Jan I want to bring the final evening farewell song home on CD.

Endee and Psyfi,

Thanks for the offer. Actually I have a collection of music with which I'm happy. I compiled it from CDs from my local libraries. I live near three library systems, which gives me a lot of choice.

Then, in a very bizarre coincidence, I was browsing through used CDs at a library branch and found a CD, called "Songs of Tahiti," that was produced by Radisson Seven Seas Cruises to commemorate the introduction of the m/s Paul Gauguin in 1997. What are the odds?

The booklet lists the songs on the CD but not the performers. The songs seem to be more modern than traditional.

Archived