Yay! the Upgrade Fairy came to call & handling "no shows"

phoebedog

Hello,

I am just back from a blissful week on the Ryndam.

The day before I set off for Dover I got an email asking me to check my booking. I was worried!! What had happened? What had I done?

I had been upgraded from in inside K cabin to DA550 with window.

Hurrah!!!!

I was a bit worried as this new cabin was opposite the laundry room and right by the stairs/lifts. All I can say is I would definitely book this room again. I had no noise issues at all and it was really handy to be so close to the lifts.

All this made up for the fact that my other half refused to sail (fear). He made this decision less than a week before off so couldn't do a name change. He did the same thing last year. :confused: My travel agent advised me correctly NOT to inform Holland America until check in as they may demand a single person supplement to make up for his the loss of tips and onboard spend etc from him. (Ha ha ha, he is from Yorkshire, he would not have spent a cent!!)

Now, where to choose for next year???

:):):):):)

Lucky you!!! :D

I got an email from my TA from HAL asking me if I wanted to upgrade to an Ocean View cat. C for $249 p.p. at a fraction of the cost.

HAL ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? :eek: If I wanted an Ocean View I would of only paid a difference of $49 p.p. (Inside gty and it was a flash sale) at the time of booking...DUH!!!

Archived