Partially obstructed view Balcony

mabones

I will be on the Royal Caribbean in October 2013 for the Maiden Caribbean Cruise. My Stateroom is a Partially-obstructed view Balcony on the Lido Deck. Does anyone know if there is another Ship that may have the same Stateroom so that I can see exactly what it will look like?

Can I assume you mean the Royal Princess? If so, its a completely new design so there is no baseline to use to see what rooms will be like other than the general information provided by Princess.

I will be on the Royal Caribbean in October 2013 for the Maiden Caribbean Cruise. My Stateroom is a Partially-obstructed view Balcony on the Lido Deck. Does anyone know if there is another Ship that may have the same Stateroom so that I can see exactly what it will look like?

You can look at the deck plan on the Princess web site. For the other ships, the deck plans have been very accurate in that if it shows a cabin between two lifeboats, then it has a decent view.

If it shows a cabin in the middle of a lifeboat, then you have a great view of the side of a lifeboat.

Can I assume you mean the Royal Princess? If so, its a completely new design so there is no baseline to use to see what rooms will be like other than the general information provided by Princess.

Yes, I meant the Royal Princess. I was just curious if, maybe, the stateroom designs were similar to another Princess Ship and I could look it up.

Doesn't really seem to be (I mean there's only so much you can do with a bed.) There are definitely design changes from the current. You can see the concept photos here, but there's always the possibility of changes before delivery:

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/rp/staterooms/index.jsp?

Yes, I meant the Royal Princess. I was just curious if, maybe, the stateroom designs were similar to another Princess Ship and I could look it up.

I'm no too worried about where the bed is located. I'm just curious as to the true meaning of partially Obstructed. I have been told that the railing is all metal instead of the tempered glass but my questions is, "Is there anything else in front of the balcony door?"

That we won't know until we can get pictures from the actual cabins and see where support beams are, etc. The deck plans will not show those and theres no other ships with the same superstructure.

I'm no too worried about where the bed is located. I'm just curious as to the true meaning of partially Obstructed. I have been told that the railing is all metal instead of the tempered glass but my questions is, "Is there anything else in front of the balcony door?"

There aren't any lifeboats on Lido deck... ever. Nor are there any lifeboats on any deck near Lido.

The Royal III is a brand new ship with a brand new design that's still being built so no one has seen or been in any of the cabins. They don't exist yet other than on deck plans. :) Chances are that the balcony has a metal railing. I don't see anything on the deck plans that show anything in front of the balconies.

If you haven't already, please come and join our very active roll call for this cruise. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1572401

Archived