Help us to choose next year's trip please

phoebedog

OK, so we have been home four days and need to book next year's trip or we may lose the will to live.

Our short list of 2 is:

14-NIGHT VOYAGE OF THE MIDNIGHT SUN (Norway and up to Arctic Circle -my choice)

14-NIGHT JEWELS OF THE BALTIC (Berlin, St Petersberg, Helsinki etc - son's choice)

I know these are very different cruises, one is stunning scenery and tranquility, the other will be dashing around huge cities.

Has anyone done similar itineries? Which did you prefer?

Thank you.:D

OK, so we have been home four days and need to book next year's trip or we may lose the will to live.

Our short list of 2 is:

14-NIGHT VOYAGE OF THE MIDNIGHT SUN (Norway and up to Arctic Circle -my choice)

14-NIGHT JEWELS OF THE BALTIC (Berlin, St Petersberg, Helsinki etc - son's choice)

I know these are very different cruises, one is stunning scenery and tranquility, the other will be dashing around huge cities.

Has anyone done similar itineries? Which did you prefer?

Thank you.:D

Well I can't have you lose the will to live:)

I"d do the Baltics (especially if you haven't been there). Having done it once we are doing it again - there are only a couple of 'tear around' ports. The rest you can pace;) Of course I'm prejudiced since I booked the 31 day TA & Baltics for next year;)

Well I can't have you lose the will to live:)

I"d do the Baltics (especially if you haven't been there). Having done it once we are doing it again - there are only a couple of 'tear around' ports. The rest you can pace;) Of course I'm prejudiced since I booked the 31 day TA & Baltics for next year;)

Ooh thank you! I've been trying to convince young William the Baltics one will not be as good. I will show him your reply and say sorry.;)

Ooh thank you! I've been trying to convince young William the Baltics one will not be as good. I will show him your reply and say sorry.;)

The Baltics are incredible - St. Petersburg is breathtaking and Tallin is a hidden gem:) So much to see - incredible architecture - incredible people:) and a lot of history!!!

I've sailed Norway maybe 10 times, and the Baltic twice. That hints that I prefer the scenery of Norway.

However, I would suggest that you do the Baltics now, when you have more energy, and leave Norway for the point in your life when relaxation is your favorite word.

Doing them both as a back-to-back is out of the question???

We did a 22 day cruise on the Eurodam last summer that did the Baltic countries and then took us as far north as Alesund in Norway. They were both wonderful cruises and truly trips of a lifetime.

I would agree with the previous posters though and pick the Baltics. It is definitely an active and amazing cruise.

But DH & I will be returning to Norway at some point to do the full journey up to the Arctic Circle!

Thank you. Tallinn looks like it would be my cup of tea.

Tallinn is amazing and one of my favorites -a VERY short drive to the walled city is a must. You enter this midevil city and the cobblestone streets LEAP out at you. WAlk up a slight hill and turn to look back and you see the ramparts where archers MUST have shot arrows over the top of the wall........walk a bit more and the image that entered my mind on the cobblestoned streets was Cinderella running away.........

Modern day; there are stores open and places to see within the walled city but also out in the port area/CITY area -of an area closely attached unwillingly [ Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia] to USSR during WWll -

There is nothing NOT to see!!!!!! ;)

Anne

I've sailed Norway maybe 10 times, and the Baltic twice. That hints that I prefer the scenery of Norway.

However, I would suggest that you do the Baltics now, when you have more energy, and leave Norway for the point in your life when relaxation is your favorite word.

Doing them both as a back-to-back is out of the question???

I am afraid so. Just bought apartment in Malta (Yay!!!!) so limited funds at the minute. Lovely idea though.

The Baltics are incredible - St. Petersburg is breathtaking and Tallin is a hidden gem:) So much to see - incredible architecture - incredible people:) and a lot of history!!!

I second... or third, etc. the Baltics. We did the Holland America 10 day Baltic cruise two years ago, was the best! Tallin was the amazing surprise, St. Petersburg just awesome (I would recommend a tour, we did with 10 others and it was great), also eliminates any Russian Visa worries.

Enjoy!

I have booked. I have taken your advice.

You will have a wonderful time. We just returned from 10 days on the Eurodam Gems of the Baltic. Amazing history, art and architecture. It's can be a tiring trip, but I so glad we did it.

Archived