Anytime Dining

Aunt D

No formal nights on Carnival. They have a much more relaxed elegant night instead. Some still dress up and a lot wear shirts and slacks with no tie And yes, unfortunately, they still sing and dance during dinner.

I didn't see any difference in dress from assigned dining times to the Anytime. Some men in just long pants and a polo shirt up to men in suits. And a few tuxes. And women in sundresses, black pants and dressy top to evening gowns.

And yes, sigh, unfortunately they still "sing" and "dance" at Anytime as well.

The dress on elegant night is the same for ATD as for standard.

As far as the singing and dancing waiters, I have been on the Triumph and Fascination with ATD, and our waiters were not involved in the performance. It is timed near the end of the early and late dining, and you may not be in the MDR while they are singing. The waiters are positioned so the regular diners can see them, so it may not be near where the ATD is. (This works out just fine for me!)

I agree w/ Jeaniethemom- I think the singing wait staff has to do with your timing. Like she said: they sing at the end of the early/late seating. If you are in there at that time- you'll hear it or see it, but I believe it is only in the set time dining room. The dress code is the same. Another note about ATD- we seem to miss the photogaphers too in ATD. So if that is important to you plan accordingly.

Personally I like missing the singing & dancing & photagraphers.

The ATD Waitstaff is not involved in the showtime portion of the evening.

All waitstaff are supposed to participate in the singing and dancing. But having said that, some don't like to do it. We had one ATD waiter who would hide by the server station in the corner. Another ATD waiter would plan it so perfectly that he would be in the galley getting the dessert orders.

Another ATD waiter was caught not participating one night and the Asst. Maitre d' said something to him. The next night he told us he got caught and was told he had to sing and dance.

All waitstaff are supposed to participate in the singing and dancing. But having said that, some don't like to do it. We had one ATD waiter who would hide by the server station in the corner. Another ATD waiter would plan it so perfectly that he would be in the galley getting the dessert orders.

Another ATD waiter was caught not participating one night and the Asst. Maitre d' said something to him. The next night he told us he got caught and was told he had to sing and dance.

I didn't realize that all waitstaff is supposed to participate. For whatever reason on Dream that DOESN"T HAPPEN! We have been on Dream four times and three of the four times we have done ATD and never have the waitstaff at the ATD participated in the singing and dancing.

We have been there when it was being done on the lower level of the Crimson dining room, but not up on the 2nd level with the ATD. Our last trip on Dream was in Feb and the same Maitre D' was there every time we cruised Dream so perhaps he doesn't know his people are supposed to participate, which, based on other things, wouldn't surprise me!

Archived