Best QUIET spot to read on Dawn?

petesweet

It looks as though my upcoming cruise on the Dawn may end up being my first solo cruise, since DH may not be able to join me. I look forward to curling up with a book and watching the ocean and reading. (Inside cabin here, so no balcony available.)

Where might I expect to find such a place or two?

Thanks.

Kathy

I love the Dawn. There are so many out of the way special little quiet places that you will have not trouble finding a place to read your book. I haven't been on the Dawn since 2010, I wish my memory could recall specific decks and locations. However, you will have no problems with this at all. Enjoy your cruise!

I'm always surprised at how underutilized the promenade deck is on most of the ships. Don't remember if the Dawn had lounge chairs available there, but that was my favorite spot on the Pearl.

There's also a library (deck 12), and we've usually found that no one cared if we were sitting at a table in one of the restaurants that wasn't currently open.

I really enjoyed the quiet on deck 14 aft ...jsut above the kids pool.You would think it would be noisy but you could not hear the kids at all.They keep a few lounge chairs up there and you have a great view of the ocean.

The promenade deck does have SOME chairs, so that would be a great place. I found that finding a table in the buffet near the back, next to a window was a great place. The little bit of noise helped me concentrate...odd isn't it!, and you have natural light. Added bonus, your next to the coffee.

The promenade deck does have SOME chairs, so that would be a great place. I found that finding a table in the buffet near the back, next to a window was a great place. The little bit of noise helped me concentrate...odd isn't it!, and you have natural light. Added bonus, your next to the coffee.[/quote]

Now there's a winner!

Thanks for all of these good suggestions (or MOST of them anyway:)).

Kathy

I loved the library. There was never anyone in there and it had comfortable chairs and great views. If you want to be outdoors, again, plenty of hidden spots. Most everyone will be gathered around the pool, so you won't have trouble finding a non-pool spot...

We mostly used the lounge chairs on the upper decks, on the sides. If the weather is too windy or cold, it gets more difficult. Aside from the library, it's hard to find a quiet spot. We sat in the deck 6(?) window wells on the last windy, cloudy day of our Dawn cruise. A few people stopped and said hello and said it was a good spot, but otherwise it was pretty quiet. The lounges, during the morning and afternoon, are often booked with activities, unfortunately.

I just got off the Dawn, and I would say either the front of the ship which is a mandated quiet area and has sun chairs or the library. The library was moved to deck 12 behind the pool, but you can't hear a thing. I was in there with several other readers as the new chairs are just to comfy, and it was so silent you could hear a pin drop. So I guess it depends if you want indoors or outdoors. Also, a good spot would be the theatre if there is not a performance. Sometimes it is left open, and you can just sit there and no one pays attention.

If you don't want outdoors (lousy weather or whatever): On Deck 7, right above Gatsby's Lounge (which is on 6), there are beautiful windows with a ledge that's big enough to act as a window seat. People walk back and forth around there, but there's not a lot going on - it's more background noise. I found those very cozy to put my feet up and read.

Archived