Has anyone taken the rccl volterra and San gamignano tour?

sr5242

I really want to go to volterra while I'm on the rccl serenade in October. I have booked the rccl tour of volterra and San gamignano, but wonder if it would be better to book a private tour. The price is good through rccl compared to the private quotes I've gotten, includes lunch, and with the long drive involved I would feel better knowing if we're late it's the ships problem.

Has anyone either taken the rccl tour or a private one you would recommend?

Thanks!

We have just done the Volterra and San Gimgnano tour in late May-- but with Cunard. I would be willing to bet that the Cunard and RCCL tours are identical.

We had spent some time in Tuscany many years ago - and have wanted to return since then. Our day tour to Volterra and San Gimignano (including a lunch in a delightful farmhouse) was a day to remember for us - it was wonderful. The Tuscan countryside is beautiful - and these two medieval towns are "must sees". Unfortunately - they are well known around the world and are very popular with tourists -- but that is the price we have to pay for mass tourism these days.

You should not be disappointed with this tour.

Barry

I agree with Barry...

We did the Volterra, San Gimgnano with lunch at a farmhouse excursion with Princess a couple of years ago and had a wonderful time. If you're happy with the price, go for it!

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

I agree with Barry...

We did the Volterra, San Gimgnano with lunch at a farmhouse excursion with Princess a couple of years ago and had a wonderful time. If you're happy with the price, go for it!

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

I did the same tour with Princess in 2009 and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had a good guide who told us about each town and also gave us free time each place. The RCCL tour is probably the same one. It is an excursion I would do again if I had plenty of time in Italy. Have a great day!

Archived