Items You Regret Packing/Not Packing?

CosmoLover

Tea Tree Oil. It's the one item that I must travel with. It's good for so many things! Cleansing the skin, cuts, sore throat etc, etc.

The rest I can figure out, buy later if necessary.

Passport - Money - Credit Cards - Tea Tree Oil.

in the past, I have regretted packing too many day clothes. As others have said, I'm in my bathing suit most days - so now I bring one pair of "pool" shorts - they have a pocket and are quick drying material - and one tee shirt/top. I can wear them over bathing suit and eat breakfast and/or lunch without feeling like I'm in my bathing suit.

I have also regretted packing too many shoes. Now I pack 2, 1 pair of flip flops for day time use, 1 pair of sandals, moderately dressy, very low heeled, either black or silver. I wear them every evening, whether casual or formal. I wear my sneakers on the plane - I need them if we are walking in the mornings on ship, or on land, and this way it keeps their weight out of suitcase.

The only thing I regretted not packing was rain gear - now we take those very thin ponchos unless we know we are going somewhere usually wet - British Isles and Alaska we took light weight rain jackets that doubled as wind breakers.

I always pack too many clothes and shoes. I don't regret it as I have never had the experience of not having what I wanted. However, I'm doing an 18 day cruise next year and will have to rethink this whole thing.

One thing I've packed but not needed is a blowdryer. While the one on board isn't that strong it suffices and a blow dryer takes up alot of space in a suitcase.

My huband has issues with styes and fever blisters, so I always make sure to pack these items. His buckwheat pillow is a must, also.

Weird, but I tend to get fever blisters when I cruise as well. It must be all the precruise excitement and the not sleeping well for a few days for me. Must affect the immune system. I always, always pack Abreva. It does wonders. Stops those coldsores/fever blisters dead in their tracks.

I also never leave home without ear plugs.

I bring two little alarm clocks from the $ store................one for the nighttable and one for the bathroom AND I bring pieces of that nonslip shelving stuff so they don't slide off. If I use the bathroom at night, can see what time it is.

The room steward will bring all the hangers you need. If you leave hangers in the cabin, they have to toss them out..........more work for them.

I bring "wipes" and wipe down the remote control, telephone and door handles, etc.

I always bring a regular letter envelope full of one dollar bills and tape it inside a closet door. Then, if we order Room Service, we get some out for a tip right when we order so we're ready for that quiet little knock.....AND, that reminds me, tape!

I am an avid reader and have NEVER had time to read when on a cruise; my friends are bewildered about this as am I............I so a lot of discovering all the little spots on the ship and a lot of power walking the decks..................amazing what I see.

A highlighter and a couple of "new" ball point pens that, hopefully, won't run out of ink.

If the ship has self-laundry, I bring my own detergent...........just so we don't have a reaction from a different one.

I bring Thank You notes which I write for the room steward, front desk personnel, waiters, etc. If tipping more than what's billed, I stick the bills in with the note.

Also, a lightweight cloth bag to carry "stuff" up to the pool.

I bring FAR fewer shoes and FAR less jewelry since the new billing of suitcases on flights and I get along just fine.

I still pack too many clothes...........I'm working on that!;) But, I will never cut back on the zip-lock bags I bring.:D

a watch--neither my husband or I wear one in "real life" and both forgot to bring one on our first cruise, which is odd cause the only time we wear them is when we fly. We ended up buying one on the $10 dollar table first night after dinner.

Before my first cruise, it occurred to me that I wouldn't have my trusted toothbrush cup in the bathroom. And I worried that we would have to put our toothbrushes directly onto the counter. Which grossed me out. So, instead of buying a toothbrush case (never even thought about it), I brought 36 disposable toothbrushes. Two per day per person for 9 days. I ran out of toothpaste on day five.

im sure everyone has said too many clothes. ya, i did it too. then i took enough batteries too last a month. at least the weight of the zip-lock bag i had them in felt that way. i ended up only using two of them. also i took the bungie cord when i didnt have a balcony and all kinds of toiletries that i never used. i know how too pack right now. you have too do the wrong things too know not too do it again right :D.

PLTAG Motto #1 -- Life is Too Short to Pack Lightly!

PLTAG Motto #2 -- If you bring EVERYTHING, you won't forget ANYTHING!!

:) :)

I beg to differ:

Motto #1 -- Life is too short to waste time dealing with excessive stuff.

Motto #2 -- If you plan well, you won't forget anything!

I always bring a pop up laundry container. It folds completely flat in my suitcase' date=' but is very handy to put in the corner of the room for dirty clothes. We can put our suitcases under the bed, so they will be out of the way. At the end of the cruise, dirty clothes all get put in our suitcase and the laundry container is folded flat again.[/quote']We just use the suitcase as a laundry basket -- it accomplishes the same job. It fits fine in the bottom of the closet, and when it's full, we store it under the bed and bring out our second suitcase.

I regret packing too many shorts and tops. Depending on how many sea days and what you do in port, I wear my bathing suit and can reuse my daytime clothes.

Barb

I think everyone learns this lesson early on! Sooo many times you wear a shorts/top outfit to breakfast (2 hours tops), then change into a swimsuit. Multiple swimsuits /cover ups are worth the space. Excessive daytime clothes aren't!
Before my first cruise, it occurred to me that I wouldn't have my trusted toothbrush cup in the bathroom. And I worried that we would have to put our toothbrushes directly onto the counter. Which grossed me out. So, instead of buying a toothbrush case (never even thought about it), I brought 36 disposable toothbrushes. Two per day per person for 9 days. I ran out of toothpaste on day five.
I always move one of the ice-bucket cups into the bathroom for this purpose. If it's not glass or isn't tall enough, just grab a clean glass from the buffet.

Archived