Cozumel?

GrammaJo128

You may not enjoy Ocho Rios. It is my least favorite port. Those people will haggle you like crazy!! Do not venture off alone anywhere while there!

Here's my email. I will gladly send you some photos! Send me an email. shazza_jade2003@yahoo.com

Sharon

See above as well!!!

Sharon

Just email like the others and I will send pics!!

Sharon

Thanks Sharon!! Appreciate the photos!!! Nachi looks WONDERFUL

I can only speak for Cozumel as I haven't cruised the area yet. However we spent a week at an AI there and loved every minute. We are now planning to take our adult children on an exotic western Caribbean with a stop in Cozumel.

Unless you like crowded shopping areas, I suggest you get out of town and away from the piers. The town was great when there were no cruise ships in town, but so crowded when all the ships poured in. We learned quickly to avoid town during those hours. If you shop- negotiate the price down! They double to triple the prices on everything when the ships come in, literally changing tags and signs. The day we did go in to town when the cruise ships were in, if we showed our wrist bracelet from the AI we were staying at, we got a much lower price then cruisers.

I recommend you get out of town. Either rent a car or take an excursion that takes you around the island. There are some beautiful beaches south and east of the island and several beach bars and parks. Punta Sur Ecological Park is beautiful and interesting. You can check out the alligators there. Great beach and great snorkeling!

My family will be doing this excursion: Dune Buggy Adventure and snorkeling Highlights:

http://cozumel-tours.com/dune-buggy-tour.htm

Photos would be awesome, but is it safe to put my email address on this forum? I don't care if you had it but I don't want gobs of spam etc.

We did the Oasis and stopped in Cozumel.

Absolutely loved Cozumel.

I have a number of photos in my review of the cruise if you are interested. Link is in my signature.

. I'm very nervous about Jamaica now because I keep hearing so many people think it's crime ridden etc. Being new (and not even remotely a seasoned traveler, yet alone a seasoned cruiser) I'm just so afraid we'll be obvious targets! LOL I guess I'll have to put on my 'been there, done that' look and not make it so obvious we are clueless. :D

WE have been to Jamaica about 8 -10 times on cruises and 6 times at AI and have never had a problem, there can be crime in any city, it is a beautifull island. Might want to stick with ships tour just to be safe. We are looking to return there to a AI in November for 8 days.

Thank you George C. That is good to know. My nephew just got back from 8 days at an AI in Jamaica and said the same thing. I do think we will stick to the cruise excursions since we are so new. Thanks for the info. Enjoy your next trip to the AI!

Archived