Buffet Lines

Ryancoke

I have read many threads which allude to lines at Carnival buffets. How do they compare to other lines' lines? I've not travelled Crnival but bought some shares and hope to try out the four main cruiselines. So far I've noticed that you can find short or no lines if you plan and go at a less busy time. Even when busy they're not too bad on Cunard and Princess.

So has anyone done Carnival and one of those I've been on to compare?

depends on the class of ship.

worst is the destiny class, and best is the spirit class.

the layout is nothing compared to rccl, but their choices have really gone downhill. selection is still better on ccl.

We have done RCCL and they are comparable

If you go for breakfast at 7:00 and lunch at 11:30 do you miss the rush? Or order room a room service snack to tide you over and do lunch at say 2:00 would you avoid long lines? Or are they heavy non-stop? I'm flexible time wise.

We have done RCCL and they are comparable

Not in my opinion.

RCL does stationss. You can get a salad one place, get the dessert another place, get this or that without cutting in line.

On many Carnival ships if I want salad I have to stand and wait in the entree line.

I like the station concept on RCL.

which is not what Carnival does.

It's all about timing IMO, no matter what line you are on. Also if you are on a ship that has multiple buffet lines, try walking to the one that is the farthest away. In my experience people for some odd reason are less likely to walk a few more feet to a less crowded line. That seem to prefer standing in a longer line to taking a short walk to the next shorter one!:p

If you go for breakfast at 7:00 and lunch at 11:30 do you miss the rush? Or order room a room service snack to tide you over and do lunch at say 2:00 would you avoid long lines? Or are they heavy non-stop? I'm flexible time wise.

7 lido deck is empty and at 11 30 also pretty empty.

Lines not that bad think you are worryingtoo much.

Not in my opinion.

RCL does stationss. You can get a salad one place, get the dessert another place, get this or that without cutting in line.

On many Carnival ships if I want salad I have to stand and wait in the entree line.

I like the station concept on RCL.

which is not what Carnival does.

It has been over 3 years and guess things have changed.

only one fantasy class cruise for me but i thought the layout stunk. people were walking though, cutting in line, or not knowing where the line started for the kiosks for omlets and sandwiches like ruebens. sometimes you couldn't get to a empty table without pushing through the line.

Archived