Aft facing penthouse suite on breakaway

eynsteinp

Check here: http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-aft-facing-penthouse-with-balcony/

"Separate luxury shower, oversize tub and two vanity sinks"

Thats exactly what they said about Epic and it turned out there was no separate tub or shower in the penthouses.

But I really believe with the size of the penthouse, there will definately be a separte tub and shower on Breakaway. I know artist pictures can be misleading but they keep showing the big tub in front of a window. I sure hope the plan turns out that way. That would be one sweet aft cabin!

That's exactly what they said about Epic and it turned out there was no separate tub or shower in the penthouses.

But I really believe with the size of the penthouse, there will definitely be a separate tub and shower on Breakaway. I know artist pictures can be misleading but they keep showing the big tub in front of a window. I sure hope the plan turns out that way. That would be one sweet aft cabin!

Good catch... reading the description on the Haven Courtyard penthouse, they mention a relaxing oversize tub: http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-courtyard-penthouse-with-balcony/

I don't see one on the S5 floorplan, though:

schematics-haven-courtyardpenthouse.png

Edited by LadyShiva

Good catch... reading the description on the Haven Courtyard penthouse, they mention a relaxing oversize tub: http://www.breakaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/the-haven-courtyard-penthouse-with-balcony/

I don't see one on the S5 floorplan, though:

schematics-haven-courtyardpenthouse.png

Lady

I was referring to the aft penthouses. The aft penthouses on Breakaway are much larger than the Haven ones.

I sure hope there is a tub in the Haven penthouses and the picture you posted is wrong. If Getaway is similiar or identical to Breakaway...I have my eyes on those large aft penthouses (that hopfully have that big tub by the window). Time will tell

Lady

I was referring to the aft penthouses. The aft penthouses on Breakaway are much larger than the Haven ones.

I sure hope there is a tub in the Haven penthouses and the picture you posted is wrong. If Getaway is similiar or identical to Breakaway...I have my eyes on those large aft penthouses (that hopfully have that big tub by the window). Time will tell

I was pointing out the same inconsistency you noted for the Epic pops up on the S5s on the Breakaway, david.

The Aft Facing Penthouse on the Breakaway is 100 sqft bigger than on the epic according to the descriptions. I certainly expect it to have a separate tub and shower based upon the description and artist renditions. As you said, the picture shows a separate large tub under a large window which means that I would be very disappointed if it is not somewhat similar to the picture.

The Aft Facing Penthouse on the Breakaway is 100 sqft bigger than on the epic according to the descriptions. I certainly expect it to have a separate tub and shower based upon the description and artist renditions. As you said, the picture shows a separate large tub under a large window which means that I would be very disappointed if it is not somewhat similar to the picture.

WOW, only 100 sf bigger? I thought the aft penthouses on Breakaway were larger than that with a half bathroom, etc. The Epic penthouses are tiny and with only 100 more sf, it will be tight or impossible to also add a half bathroom, a separte tub and shower, and placing the tub in front of a window. All the stuff takes up space so I do agree with you that I hope the artist rendition is correct. With Epic, the penthouses got the shaft and did not live up to what was promised.

The breakaway's aft penthouse is 548 sqft vs. the epic's which is listed at 322 sqft. So you are correct the Breakaway's are actually over 200 sqft bigger according to the website. It he breakaway's suite is actually slightly bigger than the 2 bedroom family suite on the Epic (which is 506).

The breakaway's aft penthouse is 548 sqft vs. the epic's which is listed at 322 sqft. So you are correct the Breakaway's are actually over 200 sqft bigger according to the website. It he breakaway's suite is actually slightly bigger than the 2 bedroom family suite on the Epic (which is 506).

Thanks for the exact figures. The Haven penthouses on Breakaway are much smaller than the aft penthouses.

I was looking at the Beakaway site (thanks for the link!) and I didnt see an aft NON-Haven penthouse Suite. Did they make all the aft penthouses all Haven (with the accompanying higher price)?:confused:

Just to clarify.....I think the Breakaway link we have all been looking at is not correct when it states that all aft facing cabins are "Haven Aft Facing Penthouse Suites" S6 cabins. :eek:

The problem seems to be just with the block of cabins on 9 - between the corners - that does not give the correct information when you click on them. If you go and try to book 9322 on the NCL site - it is NOT and S6. It is a B1.... a "regular" Aft Facing Balcony cabin. NOT a suite and is not included in the Haven. :o

It made me wonder - when the site says there are only 8 Haven Aft Facing Penthouse Suites available - how all those across the back could be in that category. So I did some research and some mock bookings.

I could be wrong - but it looks to me like each of the corners on 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 are the only S6 - Aft Facing Penthouse Suites with Balcony cabins. 2 on each deck means there are actually 10 available - so that is a second mistake on that site :cool:.

Sure hope no one has booked those aft cabins on 9 - between the corners - based on the information on the website that says they are Haven suites :eek:

Edited by happy cruzin

NCL couldn't make this more confusing. I believe I am safely booked in a haven aft facing penthouse. I am on the 12 deck and for what it cost it better be or I'll be oe unhappy camper! Looking at everything I think that the square footage I posted is right for the aft facing penthouse suite but I couldn't swear what the layout will be or which cabins are actually the suites and which are not. NCL really has not done a good job with the information on their site dealing with this cabin. They still have not even posted a floodplain for it.

NCL couldn't make this more confusing. I believe I am safely booked in a haven aft facing penthouse. I am on the 12 deck and for what it cost it better be or I'll be oe unhappy camper! Looking at everything I think that the square footage I posted is right for the aft facing penthouse suite but I couldn't swear what the layout will be or which cabins are actually the suites and which are not. NCL really has not done a good job with the information on their site dealing with this cabin. They still have not even posted a floodplain for it.

I think if your cabin is on the "corner" - you're good! ;)

Evidently the floor plan doesn't exist yet :o....according to my PCC. She promises to send it to me as soon as she gets one :rolleyes:

Edited by happy cruzin

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Still no floor plan but I did see mini aft facing suites which are not haven access. Don't remember seeing them before but these could be the rooms in between the corner suites that have caused some confusion. I really think ncl should have floor plans for all of the rooms posted by now.

Still no floor plan but I did see mini aft facing suites which are not haven access. Don't remember seeing them before but these could be the rooms in between the corner suites that have caused some confusion. I really think ncl should have floor plans for all of the rooms posted by now.

Its very disappointing that they don't...their entire website is poorly managed

I couldn't agree more. NCL really has done a poor job with updating the room info on their website. I really have been looking for floor plans for this room since I have booked it already (and paid for it). The ship is almost insisted being built so how can they not know the room deign yet? Impossible and frustrating.

I couldn't agree more. NCL really has done a poor job with updating the room info on their website. I really have been looking for floor plans for this room since I have booked it already (and paid for it). The ship is almost insisted being built so how can they not know the room deign yet? Impossible and frustrating.

I too am frustrated. I want to book a CAT MB mini suite but I have no idea whether this category has a bathtub. The family mini suites (M2 - 4) are listed as having a bathtub but not the MB yet they are the same size :confused:

Just adding my frustration with the website...and I'll add that I'm somewhat relieved that at least I know I'm not alone!

The DOS square footage is inconsistent on the site with an 86 foot difference; I spoke with my PCC and a supervisor who in turn contacted Corporate and was told that 'until the ship is delivered' there can be changes to the cabin descriptions, so therefore I won't be sure of anything until after final payment. The DOS also shows as connecting to a Haven penthouse in the deck plan but it's description states that it can connect to the OS so it can sleep up to eight.

In addition, the forward Haven penthouses were initially described as having a large forward facing balcony to take in the views from. Obviously, as the photos show, there are no forward facing balconies for these cabins.

I am travelling with a group that has these all these cabin categories booked and the uncertainty of what we will actually get is truly frustrating! I am, however, very excited my cruise despite the relative uncertainty. :confused::)

Just adding my frustration with the website...and I'll add that I'm somewhat relieved that at least I know I'm not alone!

The DOS square footage is inconsistent on the site with an 86 foot difference; I spoke with my PCC and a supervisor who in turn contacted Corporate and was told that 'until the ship is delivered' there can be changes to the cabin descriptions, so therefore I won't be sure of anything until after final payment. The DOS also shows as connecting to a Haven penthouse in the deck plan but it's description states that it can connect to the OS so it can sleep up to eight.

In addition, the forward Haven penthouses were initially described as having a large forward facing balcony to take in the views from. Obviously, as the photos show, there are no forward facing balconies for these cabins.

I am travelling with a group that has these all these cabin categories booked and the uncertainty of what we will actually get is truly frustrating! I am, however, very excited my cruise despite the relative uncertainty. :confused::)

The Aft Haven Suites are also a mystery. No actual floor plan shown. Now I've noticed there is a "drop" in the square footage listed on their website. Although in one description it lists sq.ft. as 548 and in another spot it lists aft suites as 504 sq.ft.

We are also giddy with anticipation for our Breakaway cruise in June. But the suspense on the cabin layout/size is a bit annoying. This was a pretty large chunk of change to layout for an unseen/unknown product. It would be nice for NCL to address the suite issues for the Haven/Forwards/Afts.

~Michele:)

I understand that there could be some changes made to these suites up to the time of delivery but it is hard to believe that at this point in the construction major changes will take place. It is ridiculous that they don't even have a proposed floor plan posted for certain suites (including the aft facing penthouse). THey can always post the floor plan that was submitted to the builder like they did for every other category of room that has a floor plan on the website. As others have already said, while I am very excited for my cruise, they are charging a lot of money and can at least provide a proposed floor plan.

I am so disappointed in NCL with this ship and wheelchair accessible cabins. None of the accessible balcony, mini or family balcony cabins hold more than 2 people. Huh? It is not like this on the Gem or Epic. I wanted to be on this ship but I have to either sail in a suite, which is double the price or an interior. Not acceptable to me.