Pearl Mini Suite 11078 Covered

poffles

Booked this room for a future cruise and just realizing it is under an overhang and wonder if this is really a good choice. Would really like to get some sun on the deck so if anyone has any opinions on this or other mini suites on this ship can you share your thoughts/experiences ... how much does the overhang affect these balconies? Alternatievely, are mini suite balconies that aren't under this overhang exposed?

We were even thinking of switching entirely to regular balcony on the aft deck 10 but torn on the decision.

This is torture.

Edited by poffles
Title change to identify ship

Booked this room for a future cruise and just realizing it is under an overhang and wonder if this is really a good choice. Would really like to get some sun on the deck so if anyone has any opinions on this or other mini suites on this ship can you share your thoughts/experiences ... how much does the overhang affect these balconies? Alternatievely, are mini suite balconies that aren't under this overhang exposed?

We were even thinking of switching entirely to regular balcony on the aft deck 10 but torn on the decision.

This is torture.

Go to the following link. See post #8 for pictures of the balconies. Minis have either a large overhang or only one that covers half of the balcony. Where are you cruising? I like the overhangs for both the tropics (excessive sun) and Alaska (possible rain).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1670605

Go to the following link. See post #8 for pictures of the balconies. Minis have either a large overhang or only one that covers half of the balcony. Where are you cruising? I like the overhangs for both the tropics (excessive sun) and Alaska (possible rain).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1670605

Thanks ... it's Western caribbean in November. Still undecided and can't find a really good picture of the side my balcony is on but think it's pretty much the same as that link.

We were in 11086 on the Pearl and we were VERY glad for the overhang. It allowed us to be out on our deck no matter what kind of weather we were having. If given the option I would always choose the overhang.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old post (4 years old), but was curious about any noise from above in 11066. We are booked in that cabin for July, and I read one post that there was noise from above from the staff at night rolling food carts to prepare for next day.

I know this is an old post (4 years old), but was curious about any noise from above in 11066. We are booked in that cabin for July, and I read one post that there was noise from above from the staff at night rolling food carts to prepare for next day.

11066 is actually under an open walkway that leads from the Buffet area onto the pool deck. Specifically, it is under a restroom. This area gets very little traffic at night. We've been in that or 11064 before and other than just very occasional noise for a few moments, it was fine. Unfortunately, the deck 11 minis being under all the deck 12 various activities, they all have occasional noise, just some worse than others.