How long does it take to get deposit refunded?

Hi guys, just a quick question!

We are booked on the Allure next year but recently changed our cabin. We went from 3 people in one cabin, to booking 2 cabins. Then a few hours later we changed our mind again so we cancelled the 2 rooms and rebooked a room with 3 people in it.

I know we are stupid but this was late at night and we couldn't ring up RCL Australia. We had to impulse book it because it was the only suite in that category left.

My question is, how long does it usually take for the deposit from a cancelled reservation to go back in the credit card? It's just we have 2 $1200 deposits waiting to be refunded and that eats up the credit card interest!

Thanks!

1. RCI processing

and

2. Your card provider's service level

RCI will usually process a credit on the next business day (they have three times in a row for me...others may have a different exprience.

But your card provider may or may not process credits daily, weekly or monthly....frankly, it "all depends" on them. Contact them and inquire on the time frame.

From a regular deposit?

That's very unusual

Yes it was a regular deposit. When I asked my travel agent why I hadn't gotten the refund yet she said Royal Caribbean was horrible at refunds? It doesn't matter though, I've cruised twice since then and I did get the money back so that is all that matters.

Archived