Restaurant reservs, pls confirm I have this correct!

tropicalkerry2002

I can book my reservations in a couple of days, our friends not until 15 days later, and we want them to join us for our anniversary dinner.

So: I will make my reservation for 2, say no to sharing, and in 15 days, I can go back and invite them to our join us(add them to our reservation), is that correct?

I do have their booking number...

just don't want to mess this up!

Thanks to all!

do go on at the earliest possible date and book your reservations. Then your friends can book too and cross reference it to you. They won't get that particular restaurant two times. We met delightful people on Regatta, but we never used our Italian restaurant reservations, so when they invited us, there was no problem. I think they would appreciate four people at a table rather than two.

Have whoever can book earliest call Oceania and talk to someone. If you have your friend's cabin number you will be able to handle inviting them when you schedule. That is how we did it last month.

We did this as we are sailing PH1 and got our reservations early. I booked for dinner at 8pm. When I could invite the other couple I could not have the same time. I could only get 6.30pm. I was very disappointed by this and did call my TA but no joy. Because they were joining us and there was no room for four at 8pm we could not get that time.

I had read your thread, but is that what you did? Went back when the other people could book, and added them?

I realize you had to change your time, but we plan on booking 6:30 anyway, so I would put NO to sharing, and go back in 15 days and invite the other couple with their booking number?

Thanks!

I had read your thread, but is that what you did? Went back when the other people could book, and added them?

I realize you had to change your time, but we plan on booking 6:30 anyway, so I would put NO to sharing, and go back in 15 days and invite the other couple with their booking number?

Thanks!

That is exactly what I did. I made my booking first and said no to sharing. Then when the other couple were able to book, I added them to our reservation with their booking number. I could not get them my time though. There might be a way around this but I did email my TA and they said no, if the restaurant is full at the sitting we had booked, we can't allow two more in. I had to change the time which was disappointing.

Archived