? Cancelling ES booking, fees, refunds, rebooking ?

jenale80

Ok, I may want to cancel a cruise we have under the ES rate. I understand there is a fee of $50 pp to do so. Then the deposit can be used toward another booking and any additional monies paid will be refunded to my CC (this is before my final payment date).

So my questions are:

Can the deposit money they hold on to, be used to book another cruise but under the Past Guest rate?

How long will they hold my deposit money before I have to book or cruise in the future?

What happens to the FCC that I had applied to this cruise?

Thanks for any help you can give.

You have to be BEFORE final payment.

I would cancel and rebook at the same time if you can, otherwise they sometimes make it harder to apply the credit.

You have 2 years from the date you cancel to use the credit, so you might want to wait to cancel as close to final payment as you can, not too close though.

You can book any rate you want the next time.. of course the credit has been earmarked nonrefundable forever, but you can book whatever rate you want next time.

Expanding on Fire's comments wrt re-booking: If you cancel and re-book in the same phone call, your ES deposit less the $50pp penalty will be applied to the Deposit for the re-booked cruise; if you cancel and wait to re-book in the future, your ES deposit less the $50pp penalty will be applied instead to the CruiseFare for the re-booked cruise, and you'll have to pay entire Deposit for the re-booked cruise. ken

Expanding on Fire's comments wrt re-booking: If you cancel and re-book in the same phone call, your ES deposit less the $50pp penalty will be applied to the Deposit for the re-booked cruise; if you cancel and wait to re-book in the future, your ES deposit less the $50pp penalty will be applied instead to the CruiseFare for the re-booked cruise, and you'll have to pay entire Deposit for the re-booked cruise. ken

EXACTLY!! Do you work for Carnival?!:eek::D just kidding.

Archived