What Changes?

As you can tell by the number of "reads" and lack of responses, this is a huge question that isn't easy to answer. Approximately $100M has been put into the Navigator in the past three years. Some major work was done in an attempt to lessen the aft vibration (it worked to some extent). About 2 1/2 years ago Prime 7 was cut out of La Veranda which made La Veranda smaller. Two months ago, Prime 7 was made larger -- not sure what the effect was on La Veranda.

I can't think of anything that was done that would cause you to like the Navigator any less than the last time you were on her. The majority of the money was spent on things that passengers can't see (electrical, plumbing, etc.)but the interior was also refurbished as recently as May, 2012. If anything, the experience you have on the Navigator would be better than in 2009.

If you loved Navigator back then, you'll probably still love her now. I was on her first in 2007, just after a soft-goods refit in the Caribbean. This May I was on her again, just before this hast substantial refit. Even before the refit the ship was in nice shape, although I've been told that the "named" suites had gotten a little unexciting (they were all done over in May.)

The big change would be Prime 7 and Sette Mari. I got to experience the former and found it very pleasant indeed, but didn't experience the latter, the old La Veranda still held sway. I've heard mixed reports about Sette Mari. At breakfast and lunch, La Veranda gets crowded, especially if there are excursions coming and going. When we had nothingn else to do, we lunched in Compass Rose--kind of slow service, but very pleasant just the same.

Archived