Cunard new vantage fares, thank you Cunard

southwestie

I just had an email from Cunard to inform me that my booking for 2014 comes under the new booking price promise , this really starts from next week, but as we are in the new booking they included it.

Price Promise means that you can secure your booking early with confidence, safe in the knowledge that if we were to reduce the Vantage Fares for your cruise, we guarantee to automatically pass on the value of the saving to you i.e. complimentary benefit such as on board spending money or an upgrade to the value of any reduction.

At last we get something back if that price drops

May I ask when you made the booking ?

I made a booking for 2013 on the first day the cruise went on sale. Probably too much to expect the price promise to be extended to this, even though it looks as though the price will drop significantly from next week.

May I ask when you made the booking ?

I made a booking for 2013 on the first day the cruise went on sale. Probably too much to expect the price promise to be extended to this, even though it looks as though the price will drop significantly from next week.

You should be OK, I got a letter today about my 2013 QE trip which was booked in April this year. We have been given both a chunky increase in OBC and a sizeable reduction in the fare. Good news!

Thanks for posting this Rob.

I did a google search and found this link.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2012/07/16/41093/new+early+booking+price+promise+from+p.html

I hope Carnival Australia is going to implement something similar.

I hope they do, looks as if they may do something , from what I hear Trading standards in the Uk have had a lot of complaints about the fare drops, although Cunard have have always offered me good deals when the price has dropped in the past

I hope they do, looks as if they may do something , from what I hear Trading standards in the Uk have had a lot of complaints about the fare drops, although Cunard have have always offered me good deals when the price has dropped in the past

Trading Standards would not be interested, any more than they are interested if Marks & Sparks offer clothes cut price in the end of season sales, or Jaguar cuts the price of a model after one has coughed up.

Would you mind telling us what "good deals" you have been offered in the past? Other posters indicate that short shrift is usually given, so this could be extremely helpful to those unable to benefit from the new rules.

Interestingly, the best deals (Getaways) are excluded; these tend to be the ones booked by those fortunate enough to be very flexible, so the new rules will make no difference to them.

Peter

It's great news. We got a letter today to inform us that we would be getting an extra $860 complimentary onboard spending for our cruise next year and that Getaway Fares may be offered nearer the date.

Top marks to Cunard!

We done, we we given a gateway fare for our next cruise as the price went down, we did really on that one too, yes Cunard are doing it right, P&O as well it seems, other will follow maybe

... if we were to reduce the Vantage Fares for your cruise, we guarantee to automatically pass on the value of the saving to you ...

Maybe I'm being cynical, but does this mean that if they introduce a "Cheap Deal Fare" but the "Vantage Fare" remains the same then you're owed nothing?

Regards, Colin.

What is a gateway fare?

That probably should have read 'Getaway'. These are last-minute reduced fares, usually guarantees, payment in full to book (not just a deposit), no cancellation or variation permitted.

In the UK, as our deposits are non-refundable and payment in full is due quite a while before departure, we tend not to cancel on a whim so most of the terms and conditions are unimportant. Obviously, one needs to ensure that any potential cancellation would be covered by insurance, but that applies to any booking.

Mary

That probably should have read 'Getaway'. These are last-minute reduced fares, usually guarantees, payment in full to book (not just a deposit), no cancellation or variation permitted.

In the UK, as our deposits are non-refundable and payment in full is due quite a while before departure, we tend not to cancel on a whim so most of the terms and conditions are unimportant. Obviously, one needs to ensure that any potential cancellation would be covered by insurance, but that applies to any booking.

Mary

Norfolk Brit My Nov 27 booking is due to be paid last days of July 120 days before sailing, is that normal?

Mary

Thank you, your right, and it should have getaway fare, you are covered by travel insurance if you have to cancel for the right reasons:) as you say, so they are good deals, you do have pay up front, in my case April for a September cruise

Maybe I'm being cynical, but does this mean that if they introduce a "Cheap Deal Fare" but the "Vantage Fare" remains the same then you're owed nothing?

Regards, Colin.

From what I am told, no you will get back the difference in OBC, cabin upgrade,parking deals etc, unless its a getaway fare

Might see you in Venice , we get off there on the 30th

Norfolk Brit My Nov 27 booking is due to be paid last days of July 120 days before sailing, is that normal?

Sorry, it's quite a long time since I did a 'normal' booking, ie deposit followed later by payment of balance, so my knowledge is out of date. Doubtless, someone will be along to help shortly.

Mary:)

Sorry, it's quite a long time since I did a 'normal' booking, ie deposit followed later by payment of balance, so my knowledge is out of date. Doubtless, someone will be along to help shortly.

Mary:)

It is the current practice for T.A s in the UK to collect the final balance 17 weeks before sailing.

They will still offer lower fares call them getaway fares and you will not be given a penny. It is only if the Vantage Fare comes down. The cheap fares may have to be paid in full, but they normally come out after final payment day anyway, so no real difference. But at least it is a step in the right direction and they have acknowledged what we have been complaining about for years.

They will still offer lower fares call them getaway fares and you will not be given a penny. It is only if the Vantage Fare comes down. The cheap fares may have to be paid in full, but they normally come out after final payment day anyway, so no real difference. But at least it is a step in the right direction and they have acknowledged what we have been complaining about for years.

True.

but

We had a booking for QE for this September, we canceled and re booked on a getaway fare, we went from a D8 to an A6 saved £900 as well and an OBC

For anyone in USA, I have posted the answer I received this morning from Cunard USA, under the other thread .

However should anyone be interested on this thread, the answer is that Cunard USA have absolutely never heard of this announcement.

In fact it almost seemed that they thought it was a spoof, not fact.

I have e mailed the agent there with the information as printed.

It is interesting that Cunard staff in USA have no information at all, I did at least exect them to know about this even if at this time they said "it does not apply to USA bookings" but not to know one word!!!!

Lynn - this is what is said about Vantage and Price Promise

Price Promise means that you can secure your booking early with confidence, safe in the knowledge that if we were to reduce the Vantage Fares for your cruise, we guarantee to automatically pass on the value of the saving to you i.e. complimentary benefit such as on board spending money or an upgrade to the value of any reduction.

*It applies to UK bookings made from 23 July 2012 for departures as shown below.

Dates from-to

Voyage Number from-to

QUEEN ELIZABETH 7 April - 23 Dec 2013 Q308 - Q401N

QUEEN VICTORIA 1 May - 21 Dec 2013 V305 - V401P

QUEEN MARY 2 3 May 2013 - 3 Jan 2014 M305 - M402

Maybe this is due to complaints from the UK as we cannot cancel and re-book without losing deposit, as seems to be the norm in the States.

Archived