Questions on The Haven

travelerpair

I think it is terrible that you needed to adjust your plans because of what might transpire. When we were on Jewel in the Haven, most times the courtyard was empty - maybe only one other family in there - definitely not overrun with kids. I think it's just a roll of the dice of who will be in the other Haven suites on your cruise - no different than any cruise, you never know if you'll end out with noisy or inconsiderate neighbors, haphazardly seated with awful tablemates at dinner, etc.

In any case, you'll enjoy the cruise.

Howard

• 2 weeks later...
hi

we r going on dawn 2/3/13 os number 10006 does anyone have any recent photos

if u want the privileges of a suite y dont u pay for them

Welcome to CC. Probably best to start a new thread and ask the question as it will get more exposure there. BTW, we were in that room in June so we can answer questions although I don't have any pics handy.

My DH and I were on the Jewel in March, Haven room 14514, what a room. We really enjoyed the Haven pool area as it was on most days pretty empty. There was a beautiful family with 3 young children in the Haven the week we sailed. They were without a doubt the most well behaved children I have ever been around. The parents were very aware the Haven was a quiet place and I never once saw them have to discipline the children, a real joy to watch this family, I guess we were lucky. The Haven lounge is very relaxing at that too didn't get much use. The upper deck for sunning is also very comfortable and very quiet. We enjoy the quiter privacy and that is just what we got. We are booked on the Gem in the OS on the 10 floor with Haven privleges as well. We have been spoiled now and I don't think we will ever sail any other way. That's just us. You will not be disappointed and if you like privacy, peace and quiet I would say the Haven is the way to go. Enjoy.

Although the owners suite is a nice big cabin, technically it is one room and there will definitely be a lack of privacy for all 4 of you. However, i do think there is a curtain that seperates the bed from the main room so that could add a drop of privacy. But once the curtain is closed the spacious beautiful forward deck is off limits because you will be disturbing the people in the bed. What ever you decide the Haven is the way to go

Enjoy!!

If they are on the Dawn or Star, there is actually a heavy door that latches and also a curtain between the bedroom and the living room area. But as I said in another post on this, 4 adults in this room (unless very comfortable with each other) is a bit of a stretch.

Welcome to CC. Probably best to start a new thread and ask the question as it will get more exposure there. BTW, we were in that room in June so we can answer questions although I don't have any pics handy.

we are traveling with 14 year old ds will the pull out bed be ok for him

we are traveling with 14 year old ds will the pull out bed be ok for him

Yes it will be. It is a new couch within the last year when they changed the rooms to book 4 instead of just 2. It is rather long and fairly wide when pulled out at night. Roughly bigger than a double bed but probably not quite a queen although the dimensions are more long than wide. Kids said it was comfy and I laid on it and thought it was pretty good. Seemed to be a foam type bed vs. having any kinds of springs. TV has a built in dvd player which was right there by couch.

Archived