Flight Time

We are experienced cruisers, but have always driven to the ports. We are looking at flights for our next one. We can get a flight home out of Miami at 10:15 AM, or 2:45 PM. If we booked the 10:15, would we be able to make it? I know what Carnival says, but I also know that their times are very conservative.

I would definately consider self debarkation if you are planning to take the earlier flight, considering all goes smooth you should be able to make it... but until you are in the moment it's hard to say.... what if there are delays? No one here will be able to say yes or no I don't think. I usually give us about 8-10 hours or a day in between rather then taking the chance, but that is just me...

Iv had half a dozen cruises where we debarked late .. can you change flights without a penalty? I would not chance it myself. Not worth me having to worry.

Ecstasy rammed the pier.. 2 hours late debarking, 11 am hit customs. full customs.. do they still do this every 3 months. fog and other weather related delays.

sure you could probably make the early flight .. but is it worth taking the risk to you. that is up to you.

I was going to post the same question. We are experienced cruisers too but usually drive but since it is just my hubby and I we are flying. We sail out of Miami and the 8 day Valor and I have been looking at flights to Miami and FLL. It seems as if the transfer from a FLL area hotel will be about $80 round trip.

In the past I have gone by the rule of not booking a return flight before noon. I am interested to see if this is still true or what time would you all say. The official Valor itiniary says the ship docks at 8:00 am but it seems every cruise I have been on docks much earlier!

Any feedback would be great!

I was going to post the same question. We are experienced cruisers too but usually drive but since it is just my hubby and I we are flying. We sail out of Miami and the 8 day Valor and I have been looking at flights to Miami and FLL. It seems as if the transfer from a FLL area hotel will be about $80 round trip.

In the past I have gone by the rule of not booking a return flight before noon. I am interested to see if this is still true or what time would you all say. The official Valor itiniary says the ship docks at 8:00 am but it seems every cruise I have been on docks much earlier!

Any feedback would be great!

When r u going on the Valor? We are on it 9/1

Archived