Arriving in Mykonos at 1 am - can this be correct?

Dorset Cruiser

I am just organising an excursion for our stop into Mykonos on Crown Pricess on 10th August 2012 and notice from my itinerary that we arrive there at 1 am and leave at 6 pm. Can this be right or is it a typo?

Hope someone can shed some light.

I'm on the September 21st sailing, and had the same question. It is correct! Guess the nightlife is still in full swing at 1am. In a recent Crown review they said they didn't actually arrive until 6am and weren't given an explanation.

I believe that on Mykonos, the evening doesn't start until about 1a,m

The night life is very good we have stayed there for a week before. It is very geared towards Gay males

We were scheduled to arrive at 1am last week on Crown Princess. Don't recall exact time we arrived but it was between 7am & 8am. We docked at pier, 1.5 miles away. Heard there were a few upset pax who'd hoped to sample the Mykonos Nightlife.

Happy Cruising

Anyport

We were on the Crown's last cruise also. We were warned by Claudio in the dining room 2 nights before Mykonos that the captain had changed the docking time on the previous cruise, due to the crew missing shifts and being hungover the next day. We were disappointed also, I was going to re-live my college years.

Harvey

We docked at 1:00 a.m. and I can attest that a huge group of crew members disembarked to party on land. We sleep with our balcony door open whenever possible and were awakened just before 5:00 a.m. as the crew members were racing back to the ship trying to make their shifts.

Yes, it is true that there were a fair number of crew who appeared to be suffereing from beer flu the next day, to the point where I could believe that the Captain decided to change the docking time for future trips.

We spent our honeymoon is Greece and when we were in Mykonos we went to bed at 4:30 every night! And we were the first folks to leave the club!!

They have a great outdoor area where everyone hangs out.

I'd be one of those getting off the ship at 1:00am. That's what siesta is for!!

The Ruby arrives at 1pm on the Grand Med itinerary, and the Crown is scheduled to arrive at 1am on the Greek Isles itinerary. Like others on this thread, our sailing on the Crown did not arrive at 1am as scheduled, but instead arrived at 7am. Seems like it is hit or miss whether they get there early, because the crew told us stories of arriving at 1am on previous cruises. Mykonos is a stone's throw from Athens, so it can't be distance. It must be at the captain's discretion.

If you're on the Crown, I would hope for the best (arriving at 1am) but prepare myself for the worst (arriving in the morning).

We were on the Crown's last cruise also. We were warned by Claudio in the dining room 2 nights before Mykonos that the captain had changed the docking time on the previous cruise, due to the crew missing shifts and being hungover the next day. We were disappointed also, I was going to re-live my college years.

Harvey

So the passengers can't go ashore because of the past behavior of the crew?

We were on the June 17 sailing and during his address at the champaigne waterfall the Capt even referenced arriving at 1:30 and the crew members partying. Funny thing is we didn't dock until 7:00 a.m. I'm now wondering if it is possible that crew members tendered in earlier?

Archived