Price Drops with Early Saver

Avril

I know I'm Platinum on Carnival so this may seem like something I should know but I've never booked Early Saver before so I do have a question or 2.

I was just wondering about price drops. I saw on Carnival's website that it says "If our price drops, your price drops, guarenteed". My question is, do these price drops happen automaticly or will I have to call them and ask for it? I've paid in full for both parts of the B2B :D if that makes a difference.

Thanks so much!!!! :D

You have to fill out an online form on the Carnival site.

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/requestforms/cclearlysaverform.aspx

It is not automatic.

If you are ES, it doesn't matter whether or not you are past final payment date. A price drop is a price drop. You just have to be sure to price match similar categories.

The only thing that makes a difference pre- vs. post- final payment is the former lowers your final payment amount, where the latter provides on board credit.

GP

There is a easy online form you fill out and click to submit. thats it. assuming you booked direct with Carnival. If you booked thru a TA they have to submit it.

You dont call, just for other rates. A separate dept handles the price drops for ES and they dont take phone calls.

Ok, thanks, that seems easy enough!! :D I just have to remember to keep checking, haha!! OBC would be soooo nice!!!! :D

One more question. Can you submit the form multiple times or is it just once (meaning I should wait for the biggest price drop)?

I have a question too: what if I see a price drop but for a higher category? Can I ask for it?

My situation is that there are four of us booked in a 7A cabin, and when I check there are no cabins left in that category for four. Does that mean no chance of OBC?

Thanks.

I have a question too: what if I see a price drop but for a higher category? Can I ask for it?

My situation is that there are four of us booked in a 7A cabin, and when I check there are no cabins left in that category for four. Does that mean no chance of OBC?

Thanks.

Yes you can.

Go for it.

Send one every time the price drops. I check several times each week for price changes.

Thanks!! :D Several times a week, wow, that's dedication!! I was thinking once a month would be good, guess I better check more often then that!! :D

Thanks!! :D Several times a week, wow, that's dedication!! I was thinking once a month would be good, guess I better check more often then that!! :D

I have 4 cruises booked right now.......and I check them all DAILY.....

Barb

I love the ES program. You do have to do all the work but it can payoff. My June cruise was booked over 10 months early and by the time we cruised I had nearly $900 in OBC. I did check fares nearly every day and good thing because I did benefit from at least one, one day price adjustment. Also, when my exact cabin category sold out I still got some OBC when a higher category's price was lower than mine. Keep on it and it may pay off nicely. Good luck.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

We booked about a month ago and I check daily. I have it bookmarked so it only takes a couple of minutes. We have been out of town for several days so I checked it yesterday and it had dropped $40. I filled out the ES form yesterday morning and it was approved today.

I just checked the rates a minute ago though and it has went back up to $20 more than I paid.

Wow, ok. :eek: I didn't know so much dedication was required!! Oh well, sounds like it's definatly worth it (or at least, it can be)!! :D

It is most definitely worth it. Our Med cruise has dropped $530 p/p since we booked....total reductions of $1060 for both of us. Worth the few minutes it takes to submit the form. We always do ES and it has always been worth our while.

It is most definitely worth it. Our Med cruise has dropped $530 p/p since we booked....total reductions of $1060 for both of us. Worth the few minutes it takes to submit the form. We always do ES and it has always been worth our while.

Wow, lucky you!! :D I'll definatly be checking more often!! Enjoy your cruise and all that OBC!!!! :D

Another ES question (sorry)!! :o

What price do you use when asking for price drops? Is it just the cruise fare (for 2 people of course, not per person) or is it the total fare (including Government fees, taxes, pre-paid gratuities, etc)?

Thanks again!!!! :D

Another ES question (sorry)!! :o

What price do you use when asking for price drops? Is it just the cruise fare (for 2 people of course, not per person) or is it the total fare (including Government fees, taxes, pre-paid gratuities, etc)?

Thanks again!!!! :D

I listed it as the total price for the cabin, as booked (2 people's fare) without the fees, taxes or anything else.

I have gotten a few for my two booked cruises that way.

BTW has anyone heard when the FareViewer page will be back up? It is a pain to make mock bookings to check prices.

I just don't get it. :confused: Sorry if it's amazingly obvious and I now sound and look real stupid. :o

Today, the total price per person is $670.85 (including taxes). Taxes are $71.85

When I booked, the total price per person was $705.35 (including taxes). Taxes were $106.35.

However, the grand total (adding the 2 people together along with everything else) for both then and today is the same, $1,410.70

So, how do I ask for this and what should I say?

Thanks soooo much!!!! :D :D

If the price today and the price when you originally paid is the same (total), they won't give you a price drop. Even if the cruise fare is lower, if the taxes went up, they take that out of the OBC amount.

I checked my rate this morning and it hadn't dropped. I decided to check again after reading this thread and it had dropped by $60!

If I get this price drop, I will have a total of $220 OBC!

Maggie

OMG, thank you soooooooo much, that is way easier than going through all the steps to do a fake booking everytime I want to check prices!! :D

How do you get to that from Carnival's homepage though? I've never seen it before!! :confused:

If the price today and the price when you originally paid is the same (total), they won't give you a price drop. Even if the cruise fare is lower, if the taxes went up, they take that out of the OBC amount.

I checked my rate this morning and it hadn't dropped. I decided to check again after reading this thread and it had dropped by $60!

If I get this price drop, I will have a total of $220 OBC!

Maggie

Ok, that makes sense, I get it now. Thanks!! :D

Wow, $220 OBC, I hope you get it!! :D

What if you are part of a group, I just checked for my February cruise and it has dropped quite a bit.

Unfortunatly, I'm not part of a group this time :( (although it is good to know that group rates drop as well:)). It's just my boyfriend and I!! :D :D

Archived