Amy Fickert...Oasis of the Seas..best CD ever

Just back from the Oasis sailing and of all the cruises we have been on, no one was as energetic, fun and accessible CD as Amy. She was everywhere, personnaly taught the 60 minute Zumba class, put together and starred in a 70's dance party on the Royal Promendade, posed for pictures at all times and was full of energy and fun. I can see why she has the premier ship in the fleet, she is awesome.

We are just off Oasis this past Saturday. Ricky Matthews was our CD on the Western Caribbean route. He was fantastic! Very funny and full of energy. He had great dance moves at the 70s party : )

Graham is in a class by himself. He was on the Freedom for the adult cruise last November; handled everything with aplomb. Wasn't sure how it was all going to work out since everything is so different on those cruises, but he truly went with the flow, made fun of himself, and handled the situation beautifully. Hope he is going to be there again this year.

We are just off Oasis this past Saturday. Ricky Matthews was our CD on the Western Caribbean route. He was fantastic! Very funny and full of energy. He had great dance moves at the 70s party : )

He's the best one I've seen IMHO. Wish they'd give him Oasis or Allure fulltime.

Shocked by the language from Graham in the ADULT comedy show where there were warnings from days before the show up to the point of the beginning of the show? Were the constant warnings not a big enough clue?

Sorry don't mean to go off topic but it always amazes me when people don't heed warnings and then get upset by it.

We are by no means narrow minded but the "c" word is strictly taboo as far as we and most people we know are concerned. The ADULT comedy how replaced our farewell show so that's why we went. Most of our shows were cancelled by the CD as the charter group were using the theatre. And no, we weren't informed prior to booking or at anytime before sailing.:(

• 1 month later...

I've been spoiled with Graham and Richard As CD 4 times.

Headed out again on Oasis in a week, is Amy still CD? I'll go with an open mind but there seem to more people who didn't like her then those who do.

Hi all

Hope this finds you well

Felt I needed to reply to this thread as it seems to be a little bit of confusion

I am sorry that you were offended by the show that was not my intention

yes I am not like other CD's and in truth never want to be.

My adult show is very clearly marked in the cruise compass as "Strictly Adults Only" and is billed in bold letters ADULT RATED COMEDY

It is also posted on the interactive way finders around the ship

It is mentioned on the morning show and after both main shows the night of

and after the love & marriage which was normally a day or so before

I do not go out to offend anyone and pride my self on making it very clear days before that the show is coming and what it is

As for "C" word I am sorry but you either mis heard because I would NEVER use that word in my late show and the reason I stand by that is none of my material warrants that word so there is no need for it and I wouldnt put it in period

Hope that clears up any confusion

Be Well

Very Best

Graham

Hi all

Hope this finds you well

Felt I needed to reply to this thread as it seems to be a little bit of confusion

My adult show is very clearly marked in the cruise compass as "Strictly Adults Only" and is billed in bold letters ADULT RATED COMEDY

I do not go out to offend anyone and pride my self on making it very clear days before that the show is coming and what it is

As for "C" word I am sorry but you either mis heard because I would NEVER use that word in my late show and the reason I stand by that is none of my material warrants that word so there is no need for it and I wouldnt put it in period

Be Well

Very Best

Graham

Hey Graham!

It was great cruising with you on the Freedom! Loved your stand-up show and almost passed out from laughing at "Love and Marriage". You are truly great at what you do.

Thanks for a great cruise and I hope to sail with you again!

-Dave-

Graham is a class act even using the f word. Must be his beautiful accent.

Whoever said he used the C word, no way. He probably said "can't" which could be mistaken for it, again, due to his lovely accent. :)

Hiya Graham! Miss ya on Princess and I haven't seen you since the CB 8 years ago! Can you believe it? I may have to go on an RC cruise (one more and I'm diamond) just to see you! :)

At least I had Kelvin on my Alaska cruise last year, after all he is your protege so it was almost like seeing you. He's a fabulous CD just like you are!

Hope you're well and happy and married life agrees with you! :)

Be well yourself...

Hi all

Hope this finds you well

Be Well

Very Best

Graham

We're sailing September of this year on the Freedom of the Seas. Could you please say if you will still be CD then? I sure hope so as I've seen great reviews and would love to meet you! We've sailed Freedom before when Richard Spacey was CD and he was amazing!! Sailed Oasis in January and Amy was CD. She was very nice and fun as well, but I missed a man CD with an accent ;) Hope you will be there!!

Graham Seymour all the way for me too :D but Joff Eaton comes a very close second. happy to sail with either of them. As said in other posts a CD can make or break a cruise depending on their attitude.

Would gladly recommend either of these two Brits. Oh and quite like Gordon Whatman too.

Gordon was so funny! We had him as our CD on our cruise at the beginning of this year (2013). It's also looking like we'll get him again in December (if what I've heard is true - He's supposedly meant to be bringing Voyager over to Australia again from Asia, so will be CD for part of the Aussie season)

PS: I notice you're from Worthing! I know Worthing very well!! (I'm orginally from West Sussex)

• 4 weeks later...

I also just came off of Oasis of the Seas a week ago. I'm relatively new to cruising and have only been on 4, but Amy is by far the BEST CRUISE DIRECTOR EVER!! Very personable-full of energy-friendly-knowledgable....I loved her!. Amazed at how she remainded so throughout the entire cruise....Going again next year and I pray she is still there!!:):)

Amy 2 smiles UP!!

Interesting how different people see things so differently. For me, even having the discussion about "best cruise director ever", is kind of like having a debate about which ship has the best paper towels. I might encounter them may times on a trip, but I can't possibly make myself care. And to think that they would in any way affect my overall vacation experience is inconceivable.
Couldn't have said it better. :cool:;):D

Interesting how different people see things so differently. For me, even having the discussion about "best cruise director ever", is kind of like having a debate about which ship has the best paper towels. I might encounter them may times on a trip, but I can't possibly make myself care. And to think that they would in any way affect my overall vacation experience is inconceivable.

Couldn't have said it better. :cool:;):D

I'm right with you both. I've never gotten the importance people place on who's the CD. Who cares? Mostly, all they do is annoy everyone before and after shows promoting things.

Archived