Riviera B3 Cabin 7059

caroak

Can anyone offer comments on 7059. Any noise from Martinis especially a bass type sound which would drive me crazy? Would one of the last B4's be a safer bet although we really prefer mid-ship for the most stability? The deck plan shows "upper floor" below some B3's. Would that be the grand staircase and less expectation of noise?

Can anyone offer comments on 7059. Any noise from Martinis especially a bass type sound which would drive me crazy? Would one of the last B4's be a safer bet although we really prefer mid-ship for the most stability? The deck plan shows "upper floor" below some B3's. Would that be the grand staircase and less expectation of noise?

b_130711.jpg

The Grand Staircase runs from deck 5 to deck 6, and cabin 7059 is on deck 7 just above it. The chandelier that hangs over the "upper hall" will be just under your feet.

6a0120a92e343a970b016765fda81d970b-800wiThose cabins are remarkably silent.

The piano in Martinis is eighty feet away, and there is a fire door between it and 7059. I think it is safe to say that you won't hear a thing. ;)

Jim, thanks for the pics and all the info. You definitely put my mind at ease so we'll stay with 7059. We're looking forward to our second O cruise and our first on the beautiful Riviera.:)

Jim, thanks for the pics and all the info. You definitely put my mind at ease so we'll stay with 7059. We're looking forward to our second O cruise and our first on the beautiful Riviera.:)

I think you will be happy there. :)

The Riviera really IS one of the most beautiful ships afloat

071846.jpg

b_130711.jpg

The Grand Staircase runs from deck 5 to deck 6, and cabin 7059 is on deck 7 just above it. The chandelier that hangs over the "upper hall" will be just under your feet.

6a0120a92e343a970b016765fda81d970b-800wiThose cabins are remarkably silent.

The piano in Martinis is eighty feet away, and there is a fire door between it and 7059. I think it is safe to say that you won't hear a thing. ;)

I am looking for feedback on these rooms. 7001 is at the very front of the ship and apears to jut out a bit; I was wondering about noise posiibly from below or even the funnel. Why does it jut out? Any motion concerns in the front?

Tom

I am looking for feedback on these rooms. 7001 is at the very front of the ship and apears to jut out a bit; I was wondering about noise posiibly from below or even the funnel. Why does it jut out? Any motion concerns in the front?

Tom

At the front of Deck 7, the superstructure spans the full width of the ship (106 feet across), whereas aft of 7008/7009, it slims down to about 90 feet across.

091822.jpg The Blue line on the hull of the ship runs at the level of deck 7, so you can see that the five most forward cabins on each side of that deck have Verandas which are significantly deeper (although the same width) as the average cabin.

144135.jpg 7017. being further aft, has a standard sized veranda. Both Cabins are situated over crew accommodations (which are always particularly quiet), and are a good 500 feet from the Funnel.

174405.jpg This photograph is of identical sistership Marina, but gives you a good idea of how far those deck 7 cabins are from the smokestack.

There is more motion at the front and the back of the ship, but that may or may not be a significant issue, depending on your itinerary and the time of year that you are travelling. ;)

Hope that this helped, enjoy whatever cabin you select!

Not the OP here, but have 7008 booked for a future 2013 cruise.

Great descriptions and pics... I am a very light sleeper, probably an insomniac. Knowing these are quiet cabins is such a relief! DH is really looking forward to the bigger balcony (the shallow cabins above are not a bother).

Always sail Celebrity, have sailed Azamara once, and am so looking forward to Oceania!

Archived