St Thomas excursion

Tin

being the first time going to St Thomas, I want to go on an excursion. Are there any individual company? I've seen the one provided by the cruise line. I would like to go snorkeling and see some sea turtle.

If you want a tour operator just google that or check shoretrips dot com.

Personally I would taxi to Sapphire Beach ($18 pp roundtrip) and enjoy that beautiful bay with the island views. There is a reef to the left of the swimming beach, and a sea grass area to the right where sea turtles and rays are often spotted. Food and drink and chair and snorkel rentals are available.

Or there are great snorkeling day sails from Red Hook and Sapphire Marina.

Tin,

My family has used Godfrey 3 times when we visited St Thomas. He is knowledgeable, trust worthy, and the best deal to see a little of everything. He picks you up at the ship, takes you in town to shop for about 2 hours, then takes you on a great tour of the island (the views are phenomenal btw), then takes you to the beach of your choice for about 2 hours. I would recommend Magan's Bay. I have been to Sapphire, Coki, and Magan's Bay and I prefer Magan's Bay BY FAR!!

You can make reservations online at godfreytoursvi.com

I think it is $30pp which is an awesome deal!!

Enjoy St. Thomas!!!

I forgot to mention a popular excursion (self tour or by operator) is Trunk Bay or Cinnamon Bay on St John. St Thomas' beaches are nice, St John's are more like the BVI - gorgeous. Taxi to Red Hook ferry, taxi to the beach on St John, and taxi back. Ferry is a 15 min ride abd leaved every hour.

Another option if you have time is a boat to Virgin Gorda and a snorkel stop in the BVI. Look at Stormy Petrel/Pirates Penny for one operator. Requires a passport for entry into the BVI but beautiful with a beach bar stop on Josts.

I forgot to mention a popular excursion (self tour or by operator) is Trunk Bay or Cinnamon Bay on St John. St Thomas' beaches are nice, St John's are more like the BVI - gorgeous. Taxi to Red Hook ferry, taxi to the beach on St John, and taxi back. Ferry is a 15 min ride abd leaved every hour.

Another option if you have time is a boat to Virgin Gorda and a snorkel stop in the BVI. Look at Stormy Petrel/Pirates Penny for one operator. Requires a passport for entry into the BVI but beautiful with a beach bar stop on Josts.

I got off the ship, got a tourist bus ($5pp) to red hook, ferry to St john 15pp? tourist bus to trunk bay. WORTH IT. And cool to do alone.

Tin: Lindquist is also known as Smith Bay beach. It isn't new, but recently became part of the territorial park system, along with Magens. It has always been a beautiful white sand beach and is one of the crown jewels of St Thomas. :D

limited amenities and nice beach

Sorry, meant to add to previous posters comments that Lindquist is very nice, and Sapphire is nearby if you want to see that too. These are East zend beaches and are beautiful.

Archived