Help me get to Miami PLEASE!!!!!!!

CRUISEMAMMA

Try Fla Sunshine Shuttle - Orlando to FLL or Miami

or Fla Express Shuttle Bus or Airport Miami Shuttle.

Good luck

I like Sunshine Shuttle. Ive used them before and they are very prompt, polite, clean and very reasonable.

We are consider cruising next June and are debating between sailing out of Port Canaveral and Miami. We have sailed out of both previously. We prefer the Miami itenerary but airfare from Nebraska to Miami or Fort Lauderdale is between 800-1000 more than into Orlanda. Can anyone recommend a a good way to get from Orlando to Miami and back with out me having to drive. I do not want to drive myself. Thank you

Take the train..I know a train goes from Orlando to Miami

I live in Miami and and drive to Orlando all the time. The only thing I could recommend would be the Amtrak but I would recommend leaving a day before bc there is nothing that will get you there within 8hours...What about flying into West Palm Beach

Where in Nebraska are you from? I am from Nebraska and always fly out of Eppley in Omaha. Southwest from Omaha to Ft. Lauderdale has always been pretty reasonable. from there we have uses SAS to get to the miami area.

Where in Nebraska are you from? I am from Nebraska and always fly out of Eppley in Omaha. Southwest from Omaha to Ft. Lauderdale has always been pretty reasonable. from there we have uses SAS to get to the miami area.

The cool thing about Eppley if you are in the south terminal the first state north is IA first east is IA first south is IA and first west is IA LOL

The cool thing about Eppley if you are in the south terminal the first state north is IA first east is IA first south is IA and first west is IA LOL

I'm not sure that it matters which terminal you are in.

That sounds like the right advice to me. Southwest tickets for June 2013 won't be on sale for a long while, but what's the rush? For the other airlines that release their ticket sales 330 days in advance you'll often pay less if you wait a while for prices to drop. They tend to be more when they are first released. But I'd say wait until Southwest tickets go on sale, and even perhaps a month after they go on sale to give those prices time to drop as well. Perhaps about mid-February 2013 would be a good time to compare all your flight options for the best price.

For cruises, the early bird often gets a low price. But for flights, too early and you tend to pay more in my experience. But too late, and you pay A LOT more. 4 months out is a sweet spot unless it's a busy time like a holiday or school vacation week, in which case you have to book as early as you can.

My guess is, that like us in North Dakota, they have a smaller airline such as Allegiant that will get them into Orlando much cheaper than a "regular" airline, they do not fly to the really big airports, or are limited to one airport in a state. We can sometimes get flights to Orlando for under 100$. Just a guess though.

We have American, Delta, US Air, southwest, United I think and a few others out of omaha they aren't that little. We have flown to many large airport including Miami thats not the issue. 1000 bucks is a good chunk of change and if we can use tha money elsewhere (DODs):D or pre cruise hotel stay than that would be great

Fremont, about 45 minutes from eppley. Southwest rates are not out yet

this far in advance. Thank you

My guess is, that like us in North Dakota, they have a smaller airline such as Allegiant that will get them into Orlando much cheaper than a "regular" airline, they do not fly to the really big airports, or are limited to one airport in a state. We can sometimes get flights to Orlando for under 100$. Just a guess though.

Allegiant doesn't fly into Orlando, they fly into Sanford which is another entire situation. It's a small airport and there are very few hotels, car rental agencies, and shuttle service onsite or nearby,

Also Allegiant is technically a charter, and the rules on cancelled flights are MUCH MUCH different than they are for regular airlines.

Sanford isn't far from Orlando.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't say it was far from Orlando. but as far as getting to Miami from Sanford, it adds an entirely new level of challenges.

Most cruises leave on a weekend. We leave from Orlando early on either a Sat or Sun morning and are in Miami by 10-10:30 am. Early morning on a Sat or Sun., the traffic in Miami is really not that bad. Now rush hour on a Friday afternoon would be a different story, but during the times we drive, traffic has never been an issue. It's the same with the return trip home...we are off the ship by 10-10:30 am at the absolute latest and in the car on the way home. You are only driving in downtown Miami for a very short time, then you hit I-95 to the FL Turnpike to go to Central FL. It's a very easy drive!

So we will have a really fun time getting into Orlando at 12:30pm on Friday, 2/1 and heading right to Miami LOL. That's OK I love a challenge. I drove through Chicago last summer and it can't be much worse than that. If all else fails I'll make DH drive cause it was his idea.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

So we will have a really fun time getting into Orlando at 12:30pm on Friday, 2/1 and heading right to Miami LOL. That's OK I love a challenge. I drove through Chicago last summer and it can't be much worse than that. If all else fails I'll make DH drive cause it was his idea.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Why not split the difference and spend a night in West Palm Beach, Boca, Deerfield beach, etc.? It's only a short drive the next morning and you'd be there before traffic got heavy. Lot's of great hotels in those areas--the Embassy Suites on Deerfield Beach is RIGHT on the water with a really nice beach. You can take the Turnpike instead of 95, yes there are tolls, but in my opinion it's a MUCH less stressful drive.

Sanford is not far at all especially if your using the 417 to the 408 to I4 to the turnpike.

Sent from Tapatalk

It's four hours to Miami from Sanford if you want to rent a car. If you don't want to rent a car, it's a jumble of expensive cab rides or "adventures" on the public bus to get to a point where you can pick up a shuttle that may or may not be able to take you directly to the cruise port.

The shuttle I listed does door/hotel pick up and takes you directly to the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't pick up from Sanford Airport, and if you look at their service area map, they don't service the Sanford area.

Honestly I would just wait until more rates are available before booking airfare. Southwest (into Fort Lauderdale) is very ideal for your trip and you get 2 bags free. While waiting for flights to be available, keep looking around for coupons that Southwest offer 2 or 3 times a year that will take dollars or percentages of R/T flights.

Even by saving $800, finding transportation to and from and pre cruise stay just eats up alot of that . . . and you won't have much left over. I've done travel for almost 10 years, specializing in transportation to/from Florida . . . believe when I say that if you wait, you will find travel more ideal for your needs and less of a headache.

Archived