Help me get to Miami PLEASE!!!!!!!

CRUISEMAMMA

We are consider cruising next June and are debating between sailing out of Port Canaveral and Miami. We have sailed out of both previously. We prefer the Miami itenerary but airfare from Nebraska to Miami or Fort Lauderdale is between 800-1000 more than into Orlanda. Can anyone recommend a a good way to get from Orlando to Miami and back with out me having to drive. I do not want to drive myself. Thank you

We are consider cruising next June and are debating between sailing out of Port Canaveral and Miami. We have sailed out of both previously. We prefer the Miami itenerary but airfare from Nebraska to Miami or Fort Lauderdale is between 800-1000 more than into Orlanda. Can anyone recommend a a good way to get from Orlando to Miami and back with out me having to drive. I do not want to drive myself. Thank you

I'm sure there are buses.

Hmmmm....thats a tuffy!

Why don't you want to drive? Seems like it would be cheaper to fly into Orlando and rent a car....

Did you check the Florida Departures board? I remember seeing a question similar to yours over there.....I'm sure there is some kind of shuttle service.....it is 3.5 hours each way...

Try checking the air fair into west palm beach or fort myers(rsw). We rented a car from fort myers to miami for 21 bucks and it is only a 90 minute drive. Hope that helps a little.

I DONT WANT TO DRIVE EITHER!!! :)

And I live in Orlando.

I drive all day at work, don't wanna do it on vacation. We are using The Florida Express Bus. So far I'm not satisfied with the service, they keep tacking on fees for the door to door pick up, but so far it's the closest thing to cruise connection I can find.

If you don't do door to door pick up maybe it'll work smoother for you.

It has port pick up/drop off. Amtrak and Greyhound won't.

http://www.thefloridaexpressbus.com/

Have you checked with Carnival to see if they have a shuttle?

I have tried in the past to rent cars one way and not had much luck, but maybe if you were bringing it back in a week, they would let you. :)

It is an easy drive. We have done it three times. We rented a car at MCO and returned it to MIA. We have gone through Thrifty and Budget and it is usually between $35 and $50 for one way.

The worst part of the whole drive is when you get to MIA and have to look for the rental returns. Signage sucks and it is VERY confusing.

http://www.floridashuttletransportation.com/destination.html

This is a bus ride. Says only $20. Not sure of the dates.

Try checking the air fair into west palm beach or fort myers(rsw). We rented a car from fort myers to miami for 21 bucks and it is only a 90 minute drive. Hope that helps a little.

WOW!! How fast do you drive?? It's 156 miles from Ft Myers to Miami.

The drive from Orlando to POM is pretty easy on the FL Turnpike, but you will pay approx $20 in tolls. Not much traffic though and an easy drive.

Maybe Carnival operates a shuttle?

My guess is, that like us in North Dakota, they have a smaller airline such as Allegiant that will get them into Orlando much cheaper than a "regular" airline, they do not fly to the really big airports, or are limited to one airport in a state. We can sometimes get flights to Orlando for under 100$. Just a guess though.

But, that's about how fast the Miami traffic is:eek: Scared the ...out of me. And you'd best know where you are going to be in the correct lanes.

Most cruises leave on a weekend. We leave from Orlando early on either a Sat or Sun morning and are in Miami by 10-10:30 am. Early morning on a Sat or Sun., the traffic in Miami is really not that bad. Now rush hour on a Friday afternoon would be a different story, but during the times we drive, traffic has never been an issue. It's the same with the return trip home...we are off the ship by 10-10:30 am at the absolute latest and in the car on the way home. You are only driving in downtown Miami for a very short time, then you hit I-95 to the FL Turnpike to go to Central FL. It's a very easy drive!

Try Fla Sunshine Shuttle - Orlando to FLL or Miami

or

Fla Express Shuttle Bus

or

Airport Miami Shuttle.

Good luck

look at flying into Orlando and then booking a separate flight from Orlando to Miami. Dont know the costs. but might not be as high as the 800-1000 if you are really not wanting to drive.

???

Archived