Another Splendid Splendor Review with pictures- 7/8-15

vplsh

Thank you so much for your review. We take our first cruise ever ( Splendor ! ) in 59 days and I am so excited. I stole your picture of the boat that you took from the tender... and made it my wallpaper on my computer at work... helps the day go by !!!!

So glad you enjoyed it! And enjoy the picture as well. You will love the Splendor- the crew is great! Make sure you get to the comedy shows early to get a seat and enjoy! You'll be hooked on cruising!

Thank you for posting the wonderful pictures and review!!! A bunch of us "Girls" have picked the Splendor for this years annual cruise. We are going on September 16 and are counting the days and your review has us so excited.

Thank you for taking the time to post the review and pics! We will be sailing her to Hawaii in January and can't wait. Your review just makes me that much more excited.

You and your dh make an adorable couple!

I "stole" your pic from the tender and used it as my background too!

Great review and thanks for the large font, it makes it so much easier to read!!!

Thanks! I need to magnify everything these days! LOL!

Lisa, love the review. Question...did you have to pay for your Boot Camp classes? They sound right my alley.

TIA.

Yup, the boot camp was $120 for the four classes. You pay after the first one, and they ask you to add gratuities after the last one. You also get $30 off any signature spa treatment, so my massage (which I totally forgot to put in the review) was only $89. Excellent massage, which I got right after boot camp class #4! LOL!

Thank you for taking the time to post the review and pics! We will be sailing her to Hawaii in January and can't wait. Your review just makes me that much more excited.

You and your dh make an adorable couple!

I "stole" your pic from the tender and used it as my background too!

Thanks for the compliments! Over 30 years together and we still like being with each other! And enjoy the picture!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much for your awesome review! We are sailing on the Splendor in September this year and are really looking forward to it. :)

Thanks for the compliments! I'm sure you'll have an awesome time!

We're Jeff Gordon fans too!! Headed to Watkins Glen this weekend for the race!! How about that win Sunday? Just what he needed to get into the chase!!

Thanks for the compliments! I'm sure you'll have an awesome time!

We're Jeff Gordon fans too!! Headed to Watkins Glen this weekend for the race!! How about that win Sunday? Just what he needed to get into the chase!!

Enjoy youir visit to Watkins Glen.We live about 20 minutes from there.Should be a pretty nice weekend for the race.

Enjoy youir visit to Watkins Glen.We live about 20 minutes from there.Should be a pretty nice weekend for the race.

Thanks! We're looking forward to it. Staying in Binghamton overnight, as it was the only room available close enough to the track that was under $200! But it will be worth it to get to the track early!

• 5 months later...

Nice photo review... puzzled how the food truck which came just outside the embarkation terminal when the Carnival Splendor and Carnival Inspiration were in port could make much money...I would think most would just get on the ship and try all sorts of free food...however, if they did have to wait for a bit to get on, they food truck might be able to make a little money. Recent reviews don't mention the food truck, but it might have been helpful to those who were hungry, and claimed a wait of hours to get on the Splendor...the most severe case we've seen.

We are not in any way disputing the food truck, but in all our cruises, we've never seen a food truck outside a embarkation terminal before. It would have been helpful to those mentioned in the link above, but the food truck might have decided that most of the time it wasn't making that much money, and stopped coming. :)

Archived